The Consultant will be required to provide technical support to the implementing agencies in charge of activities related to Project Component 1 of the said Project, which include the topics of business environment, in particular business registration, investment promotion and attraction, and certification and quality standards for business operations. Key ministries and agencies involved in the implementation of this Component are the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI), Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC), Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) and the Registrar General Department (RGD).
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the relevant IAs and the PCU Team to plan and deliver on the objectives of the Project Component
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders for effective implementation of the Project.
- Oversee/monitor the implementation of the component activities and provide overall guidance to the implementing agencies in terms of technical implementation of the project activities
- Provide expertise/technical support and strategic advice to the IAs in developing project implementation work plans and budgets
- Coordinate the preparation, monitoring and reporting on the execution of the overall procurement plan of the Component for the procurement of goods, consulting and non-consulting services consistent with procurement guidelines
- Ensure timely and effective management of the Component 1 and implementation of all related activities listed in the Work Plan (WP)
- Collect data, document the results of the Project and support the timely submission of accurate quarterly, annual and end of project activity progress/narrative reports and financial reports pertaining to the relevant IAs.
- Assist in drafting progress reports against agreed performance indicators
- Participate in project coordination and peer review meetings with Project Team
- Assist the IAs in drafting the Technical ToRs relating to the Component for consultancy assignments
- Review draft documents prepared by various experts and provide substantive actionable comments on draft documents produced to improve the quality, consistency and strategic contribution
- Contribute to the analysis and drafting of excerpts of the technical documents, as needed
- Assist in facilitating workshops and consultations with beneficiaries, other consultants and institutions involved in project activities
- Organize periodic (e.g. quarterly) meetings with key actors across Component 1 to assess progress, identify implementation constraints, and recommend remedial actions
- Contribute and provide inputs into the reports to be generated by the IAs
- Identify lessons learned and best practices from the project implementation process and provide necessary support for improving the GETP activities at all levels; and
- Provide other guidance upon request.
Required Skills or Experience
- Economics, Law, Business Administration/Management, Development Studies, Public Policy, Project Management, Economics, Law, Business Administration/Management, Development Studies, or related discipline;
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience related to at least one of the topics covered by this Component (business environment/registration, investment promotion, quality standards and certification for business operation),
- Track record of successful coordination with government and private sector stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relations with colleagues and clients, and capable of working under pressure, with good experience in leadership and strategic management of project team
- Knowledge and experience of working with/in the Ghanaian Private sector in the areas covered in (b) above or related thematic areas
- Experience in managing or working on donor funded projects is a plus
- Experience in writing technical TORs and in supervision of consultants
- Ability to identify, analyze and propose practical solutions to managerial, technical and broad range of operational issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to write succinctly and persuasively in plain English of publishable quality and to build stakeholder understanding and buy-in of more complex situations
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, including the ability to integrate feedback of team
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested Consultants may obtain further clarification and Terms of Reference, preferably by e-mail, at the address below from 9.00AM to 4.00PM, Monday through Friday (except on public holidays).
- Expressions of interest in English should be delivered to the following email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected] by 10.00am on Monday, November 9, 2020.
- The application should be addressed to either of the following:
THE PROJECT COORDINATOR
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
BOX MB 40, ACCRA, GHANA
ATTN: PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
ATTN: PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST
GHANA ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION PROJECT
THIRD FLOOR, CONFERENCE ROOM