The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons, who are dynamic, goal-oriented and results-driven with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment to PRINCIPAL OFFICER, PROCUREMENT and PRINCIPAL OFFICER, IT.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Public Sector Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Under the direction and guidance of the Chief Manager, provide professional support for the provision and effective management of service delivery in their respective units.
Duties and Responsibilities (Applicable to both Principal Officers)
- Oversee and coordinate policies, procedures and routines in their respective units
- Support the preparation of NDPC’s annual budget by providing the appropriate inputs
- Manage the day-to-day operations for the effective function of the unit
- Prepare periodic reports on all activities and projects related to their respective units
- Support in the provision of services and facilities necessary to support operation of the NDPC
- Ensure staff appraisals are carried out in a timely matter
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Manager or Director
Additional Duties and Responsibilities applicable to Principal Officer, Procurement
- Scrutinise tendering arrangements and other means of obtaining competitive prices to comply with the National, Procurement, Contract and Financial procedure/rules
- Monitor contractual and procurement action, implement Contract Close-out and recommends termination where necessary
- Ensure contract compliance and performance management in the implementation of goods, works and services contracts in collaboration with clients
Qualification and Experience (Principal Officers)
- Must possess a Master’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, IT or relevant field as applicable from a recognized Tertiary Institution
- Must have a minimum of nine (9) years post qualification working experience of which at least three (3) have been in senior management.
- Membership of a recognised and relevant professional body.
- Knowledge of human resources, management, procurement, supply chain management, information technology and systems as applicable.
- Knowledge of budget and financial management principles and practices, specifically of the Public Financial Management Act 2016, the National Labour Act, Internal Audit Agency Act and the Public Procurement Act.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and an understanding of systems management.
- Knowledge in ICT including Microsoft Office suite and statistical analysis softwares.
Competencies in (Principal Officers)
- The Labour Laws, Financial Administration, Internal Audit Agency and the Public Procurement Acts
- Leadership, Organisational, Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Performance Management skills
- Negotiation, Collective bargaining and lobbying skills
- project and programmes management
- ICT skills
The National Development Planning Commission’s compensation package is competitive in the public sector, with very attractive fringe benefits.
Applicants must be able to serve the Commission for a minimum of four (4) years on the appointed grade before attaining the compulsory retirement age of (sixty) 60.
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should submit in an A4 size envelope the following documents:
- Your Application letter
- Your Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information, names and addresses of two (2) referees
- Your Copies of academic and professional certificates (you will need to bnng the original if you are shortlisted for an interview)
- Your Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution if profession is regulated by law
- Your Vision statement for Director positions only on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2A pages long on A4-size paper)
- Submit your application by post or hand-delivered to the following address:
The Human Resources Department,
National Development Planning Commission,
No.13 Switchback Road,
P. 0. Box CT633 Cantonments-Accra
- Applications can alternatively be emailed to: [email protected]. State the position you are applying for as the subject of the email
Closing Date: Friday, 18th December, 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted