The National Development Planning Commission (NDPC) invites applications from suitably qualified persons. who are dynamic, goal-oriented and results-driven with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment to PRINCIPAL PLANNING ANALYST and Senior Planning Analyst .
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Public Sector Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
To provide technical support for development policy, planning, coordination, M&E and research.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct studies on relevant development issues
- Build and sustain effective working relation with sector agencies and sub-national structures
- Collate inputs for the preparation of work programmes and timetables in conformity with the Divisions and Commission’s objectives
- Provide technical analysis for the formulation of sectoral policies and plans
- Prepare quality policy papers to be presented at both national and international conferences
- Contribute to research on national development issues and maintain a repository of knowledge for purposes of learning and assisting other organizations as needed
- Conduct analysis on the implementation of development plans, policies and projects
- Support the preparation of Long-term and Medium-term Policy Frameworks, Planning Guidelines, Annual Progress Report and other key deliverables
- Maintain and update effective Management Information Systems
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Directors and Director-General
Qualification and Experience
- Must possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in Development Planning, Development Policy or relevant discipline of Economics, Social Sciences, M&E with strong analytical background.
- Membership of a recognised and relevant professional body.
- A minimum of nine (6) years’ post qualification experience of which at least three (3) years have been in senior management.
- Knowledge of both national and international development issues and enhanced understanding of the National and sub-national Planning Processes including Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrable evidence of experience and previous work involving strategic and/or development planning.
- Demonstrable experience in research and policy analysis with relevant publications in high reputable journals.
- Demonstrated capacity to generate and implement new ideas.
- Excellent skills on resource mobilization.
- Knowledge in the conduct of research, data analysis and interpretation.
- Knowledge in ICT including Microsoft Office suite and statistical analysis softwares.
- Planning, policy analysis and formulation
- Monitoring, measuring, evaluation methodologies
- The conduct of research, data analysis and interpretation
- Microsoft Office suite and the use of the internet
- Communication, Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Qualitative and Quantitative Analytical Skills
The National Development Planning Commission’s compensation package is competitive in the public sector, with very attractive fringe benefits.
Applicants must be able to serve the Commission for a minimum of four (4) years on the appointed grade before attaining the compulsory retirement age of (sixty) 60.
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should submit in an A4 size envelope the following documents:
- Your Application letter
- Your Curriculum vitae with biographic data, contact information, names and addresses of two (2) referees
- Your Copies of academic and professional certificates (you will need to bnng the original if you are shortlisted for an interview)
- Your Evidence of good standing with academic and professional institution if profession is regulated by law
- Your Vision statement for Director positions only on how applicant intends to respond to the constitutional mandate and mission of the Commission (2A pages long on A4-size paper)
- Submit your application by post or hand-delivered to the following address:
The Human Resources Department,
National Development Planning Commission,
No.13 Switchback Road,
P. 0. Box CT633 Cantonments-Accra
- Applications can alternatively be emailed to: [email protected]. State the position you are applying for as the subject of the email
Closing Date: Friday, 18th December, 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted