Newmont Akyem Development Foundation (NAkDeF) is a company, limited by guarantee, set up by Newmont and Akyem mine communities to establish and manage sustainable social investment projects and activities together with GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit). GIZ is a provider of international cooperation services for sustainable development and education dedicated to building a future worth living around the world. NAKDeF together with GIZ are promoting the establishment of Akyem Vocational and Technical Institute (AVTI). The AVTI is under the NAkDeF/GIZ partnership programme called Akyem Skills, Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development (A-SEED). The main objective of AVTI is to equip the youth with employable skills for their livelihoods. The Institute aims at improving the employable skills of the youth through Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET).
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Work Location: Akyem Amanfrom
Reports to: AVTI Principal/Center Manager
- Apply: Massive Jobs, Recruitment At Newmont Akyem Development Foundation (NAkDeF)
- Apply: Workshop Assistants at Akyem Vocational and Technical Institute (AVTI)
- Apply: Driver at Akyem Vocational and Technical Institute (AVTI)
- Apply: Secretary / Administrator at Akyem Vocational and Technical Institute (AVTI)
- Apply: Instructors at Akyem Vocational and Technical Institute (AVTI)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities;
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger accounts, bank statement and fixed assets
- Keeps all value books (both receipt and payment books)
- Receives cash and cheques and issue official receipts
- Pays all monies and cheques in the bank account of the Institute
- Prepares staff salaries and wages (payroll) for approval and payment
- File all statutory returns
- Keeps and maintains imprest for the Institute
- Prepares payment vouchers for all payments for approval and pre-auditing
- Keeps and maintains cheque book register
- Issuing bills for trainees upon approval
- Maintaining students’ ledgers
- Maintained monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepares management accounts
- Liaise with banks, auditors and other external bodies on financial issues.
- Performs any other duties assigned from time to time by the Institute Manager
- Must have a first degree or HND in Accounting from a recognised institution or a minimum of Part II in a recognised professional accounting body
- Must have completed National Service and worked for a least 3 years in a similar responsible position
- Must have good reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented
- Must possess the ability to analyse figures, excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organise efficiently.
- Must have knowledge of computers and familiarity with Accounting software is also essential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Must not have any criminal background.
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should send their CV’s and cover letter to the following postal address:
The Executive Secretary
Newmont Akyem Development Foundation
P. O. Box NH 33, New Abirem
- Or submit to the following Email: [email protected] . State the position you are applying for as the subject of the email
- Or Hand deliver your application to the Newmont Information Offices in the Newmont Akyem Project Area.
Closing Date for submission of applications: 14th August, 2020.