Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname. Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To conduct electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities for the underground mine with the aims of ensuring equipment is maintained in a fit for purpose and safe condition, delivering optimum plant and equipment availability, minimizing unplanned maintenance tasks and reducing maintenance costs.
In This Role You Will
• Actively participate in electrical and instrumentation maintenance activities to ensure the provision of maintenance services that meet the business requirements of the underground mine. Complete projects on time and within budget.
• Perform servicing, maintenance and repair on all electrical plant and equipment, in line with approved maintenance standards to achieve the required plant and equipment availability.
• Communicate with maintenance, operational and planning personnel to identify, plan, estimate and organise the proper labor, services, equipment and skills to ensure they are available as required.
• Communicate with the supervisor and maintenance planning to ensure that all the necessary maintenance parts, materials and supplies are available to maintain the underground mine and associated facilities.
• Perform electrical maintenance activities such as the installation, commissioning, maintenance, repair, inspection and decommissioning of plant and equipment in the underground mine and associated infrastructure in conjunction with the maintenance team.
• Conduct troubleshooting of all relevant electrical and instrumentation systems , ensuring there is effective repair and reliable operations.
• Execute on all practical and technical work relevant to electrical and instrumentation systems and apparatus to ensure it is completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner
• Assist with the adherence of electrical maintenance to all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirement under Newmont’s Integrated Management Systems, Newmont vision and values.
• Assist with the compliance of all electrical apparatus, installation and related work to the requirements of the Mineral and Mining (Health, Safety and Technical) Regulations, L1, 2182.
• Comply with the requirements for the responsible management of all documentations
• Complete maintenance reports as required and distribute to the relevant personnel and mine officials.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
• Electrical Engineering Technician II certificate or equivalent is required as a minimum.
• Post trade qualifications in a relevant field are highly desirable.
• Inspecting or Sectional Engineer Certificate of competency MINCOM Certification is highly desirable.
• Should Mincom certification not be available then there must be a commitment to obtaining inspecting engineer certification in a reasonable timeframe.
• Demonstrable knowledge of mining or heavy industry maintenance practices, principles and standards.
• Knowledge of industrial work management processes.
• Knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
• Knowledge of High voltage electrical reticulation systems is highly desirable.
• Strong knowledge of process instrumentation.
• Demonstrable knowledge of basic measurements and calculations.
• Working knowledge of CMMS programs is desirable.
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling maintenance activities.
• Knowledge of the statutory regulations relevant to safety and the environment for the mining industry.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the field of electrical maintenance.
• Proven experience with the installation, commissioning, maintenance, servicing, inspection and repair of electrical apparatus and installations in a large scale mining or heavy industry operation.
• Experience with the operation and maintenance of extra low, low and high voltage electrical apparatus.
• Knowledge of and experience with the operation PLC’s is highly desirable.
• Underground mining experience is highly desirable.
• Ability to safely use hand and power tools.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CMMS/ERP and MS Project.
• Possess good planning and organising skills.
• Possess good time management and task prioritisation skills.
• Be experienced with document management.
• Quality management skills.
• Demonstrate good report writing skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
• Ability to provide management and support staff with clear and detailed information.
• Ability to use maintenance planning tools (i.e. SAP).
• Ability to interpret electrical schematics, technical engineering drawings, standards, specification and manuals.
• Strong decision-making skills.
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee will be required to work underground. The employee occasionally is exposed to electrical hazards of both high and low voltage. The employee may also be exposed to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
• Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply now button
- You will be required to create an account if you dont have one
- Afterwards click on the login button
- Then fill the Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit