Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
- Apply: Massive Jobs at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Apply: Underground Mine Maintenance Planner at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Apply: Mine Underground Foreman at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Apply: Community Development Officers at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Apply: Geophysical Technologist at Newmont Mining Corporation
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
To supervise the mechanical maintenance personnel and activities for the underground mine with the aims of ensuring equipment is maintained in a fit for purpose and safe condition, delivering optimum plant and equipment availability, minimizing unplanned maintenance tasks and reducing maintenance costs.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
General mechanical maintenance duties
• Supervision of the mechanical maintenance team to ensure they are capable of meeting the business requirements of the underground mine.
• Assist with the development and implementation of maintenance strategies based in RCM techniques, budgets, plans, forecasts and maintenance reports to ensure the maximum availability of mechanical apparatus and installations at optimum cost.
• Supervise and perform servicing and maintenance on all mechanical plant and equipment , in line with approved maintenance standards to achieve the required plant and equipment availability.
• Conduct troubleshooting of all the mechanical systems, ensuring there effective repair and operation.
• Communicate with maintenance, operational and planning personnel to identify, plan, estimate and organise the proper labor, services, equipment and skills to ensure they are available as required.
• Collaborate with the supply chain department and maintenance planning to ensure that all the necessary maintenance parts, materials and supplies are available to maintain the underground mine and associated facilities.
• Provide input into failure analysis studies and recommend alternative strategies for maintenance.
• Collect and analyze data to propose changes in the underground mine maintenance procedures and / or structural, mechanical, plate work and piping designs.
• Assist with the review and approval all structural, mechanical, plate work and piping drawings and make recommendations and modifications based on technical standards and procedures.
• Work in conjunction with the maintenance and planning teams to determine mechanical maintenance backlogs, scheduling, resource allocation and equipment shutdown planning.
• Review and make recommendations to the Maintenance planner, General foreman, Superintendent and other senior management on areas of improvement.
• Other tasks or duties within the individuals skill set as directed by the general foreman, underground maintenance superintendent or senior mine officials.
Mechanical Maintenance Management
• To organise, coordinate and oversee the performance of all mechanical related activities such as the installation, commissioning, maintenance, repair, inspection and decommissioning of plant and equipment in the underground mine and associated infrastructure in conjunction with the mechanical team.
• Assist the Mechanical general foreman, Operation Services and business partner personnel to resolve issues that will hinder the delivery of a reliable and stable services to the underground mine that comply with the technical requirements of the business.
• Assist with the compliance of all mechanical apparatus, installations and related work to the requirements of the Mineral and Mining (Health, Safety and Technical) Regulation, LI 2182.
• Perform Engineering inspections on equipment and maintenance activities in order to ensure it is being implemented as designed and in accordance with OEM requirements.
• Assist the general foreman with OEM alterations or modifications that are required for equipment to obtain optimum performance.
CONTINUATION OF, IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Ensure that mechanical team employees are being trained and developed in accordance with the NGGL personnel development program.
• Manage and supervise contractors engaged in Mechanical related activities for the underground mine.
• Supervise allocated staff member(s) by:
o Prioritising and allocating tasks / responsibilities.
o Checking and controlling the quality, quantity and timeliness of work.
o Promoting efficiency in all aspects of mechanical maintenance activities.
o Providing on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching.
o Recommend relevant training and development courses.
o Recommending salary increases or promotions for staff.
o Enhancing communication with staff through regular feedback, contact, meetings and briefings, etc.
Health and Safety Management
• Assist with the adherence of mechanical maintenance to all HSLP, Environment and Social Responsibility requirements under Newmont’s Integrated Management System, Newmont vision and values.
• Oversee and manage compliance with all statutory requirements for the underground mine and associated mechanical infrastructure through the delivery of inspections, audits and reports.
• Assist with the implementation of applicable health and safety regulations and compliance programs.
• Accept responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his / her supervision.
• Conduct and attend periodic safety meetings, inspections and audits.
• Assist with the compilation, maintenance and management of an accurate, complete and up to date mechanical schematic register for the underground mine and associated infrastructure.
• Assist with the establishment and maintenance of a system for the safe, structured and orderly storage of all mechanical maintenance related documentation.
• Produce audit reports on internal electrical standards for IMS and oversee all corrective actions.
• Ensure that shift handover and other meetings as required are conducted in an efficient and orderly manner.
• Attend and conduct regular meetings with the mechanical maintenance team and other departments and personnel as required ensuring that the appropriate information is gathered or disseminated.
• Assist with the preparation and review of the annual maintenance budget and cost reports.
Communication and Stakeholder Management
• Engage with key stakeholders in development of asset management strategies for mechanical apparatus and installations.
• Facilitate communication for operations and outside departments relating to mechanical activities for equipment associated with the underground mine.
• Interface with operations, maintenance and planning to ensure the effective and efficient rectification of breakdowns.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
• Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering or other recognized equivalent qualification is highly desirable.
• Mechanical Fitter or Boilermaker trade qualification or equivalent is required as a minimum.
• Inspecting or Sectional Engineering Certification of competency / MINCOM Certification is highly desirable.
• Demonstrable knowledge of mining or heavy industry maintenance practices, principles and standards.
• Advanced knowledge of industrial work management processes.
• Advanced knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
• Knowledge of and experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance programs.
• Strong working knowledge in the operation and maintenance of pumps and pumping systems is highly desirable.
• Proven working knowledge of CMMS programs.
• Knowledge of and experience with the operation and maintenance of hydraulic systems is highly desirable.
• Advanced knowledge of the statutory regulations relevant to safety and the environment for the mining industry.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in the field of mechanical engineering or maintenance.
• Proven experience with the installation, commissioning, maintenance, servicing, inspection and repair of mechanical apparatus and installations in a large scale mining or heavy industry operation.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising mechanical engineering or maintenance teams.
• Underground mining experience is highly desirable.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CMMS/ERP and MS Project.
• Advanced information monitoring and management skills.
• Possess good planning and organising skills.
• Quality management skills.
• Demonstrate good report writing skills.
• Be able to prepare and deliver presentations.
• Advanced project/program management skills.
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
• Ability to provide management and support staff with clear and detailed information or guidance to perform their assigned roles.
• Ability to use maintenance planning tools (i.e. SAP).
• Ability to interpret structural, mechanical, plate work and piping engineering drawings, standards, specification and manuals.
• Strong consultation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Safety conscious.
• Pay attention to detail.
• Work well under pressure.
• Follow through on tasks.
• Team player.
• Deliver work to a high standard of quality.
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee will be required to work underground. The employee occasionally is exposed to electrical hazards of both high and low voltage. The employee may also be exposed to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
• Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply now button
- You will be required to create an account if you dont have one
- Afterwards click on the login button
- Then fill the Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit