Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
- Process Coordinators at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Senior Trainer Fixed Plant Electrical & Instrumentation at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Light Vehicle Driver, Ahafo North at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Massive Recruitment Of Graduates at Newmont Mining Corporation
- Warehouse Officers at Newmont Mining Corporation
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- To fabricate, install, maintain and repair structural and steel components, as per project and maintenance requirements for the Process Plant.
In This Role You Will:
Fabrication Operations and Maintenance
- Execute on all practical and technical work relevant to boiler making is completed in a safe, timely and reliable manner.
- Provide practical and technical assistance relevant to the Process Plant with respect to welding and fabrications.
- Identify, resolve and correct all technical issues detected.
- Analyze related problems and provide solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the processing operations.
- Fabricate detailed drawings of the components required.
- Utilize hand tools, portable electrical tools and maintenance shop equipment safely and effectively.
- Undertake fabrication, maintenance and installation, according to specifications/drawings, including:
- fabricating new pipelines and repairing damaged pipelines.
- repairing of ball and sag mill feed chutes and spouts.
- repairing apron feeder chain and/or tracking and replacing of the pans.
- lancing of worn out primary crusher manganese mantle liner.
- changing out of primary crusher spider sleeve and head nut.
- changing out of pebble crusher bowl & mantle and main frame liners.
- completing welding of Vida blocks on spider arm liners.
- changing side rails and back plates on vibrating screens.
- changing of rusted handrails. o fabricating launder.
- rebuilding agitator drive shaft and installation.
- Follow laid down Standard Task Procedures in the execution of tasks.
- Support the mechanical maintenance section, as required.
- Attend to structural breakdowns.
- Provide practical and technical assistance relevant to the trade to the Mechanical Supervisor.
- Conduct thorough shift handover, detailing all relevant information for the incoming crew.
- Report and record all necessary shift information in logbooks.
- Work with the Mechanical Supervisor to maintain optimal mechanical performance of the process plant.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs which will assist in enhancing the performance of the Ahafo process plant operation.
- Contribute to the development of Standard Task Procedures (STP’s).
- Work within strict quality standards and tolerance measures to support the function in terms of quality assurance.
- Contribute to the reduction of maintenance backlogs.
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Diploma or relevant certification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Extensive knowledge in welding and fabrication
- Advance knowledge in pipe design and development.
- Advance knowledge in maintenance principles and industry standards
- Advance knowledge of the work management process.
- Advance knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years’ experience in a welding and fabrication environment within a process plant mining capacity.
- Experience in basic measurements and calculations.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand the procedure for installations.
- Ability to understand basic measurements and calculations.
- Ability to troubleshoot, check tolerances and use precision measuring tools.
- Ability to identify problems and to report by using technical names of equipment/parts.
- Ability to use oxy/acetylene, 9’’ & 5” grinding machine, Arc welding machine set, Thermal lance, welding shield and other specialized welding equipment.
- Ability to understand the procedure of installation.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings or blueprints.
- Ability to use AutoCAD.
- Detail focused.
- Hand-eye coordination.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful/dangerous machinery and equipment. The employee is frequently exposed to noise more than 85 decibels, and to fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc. The incumbent will regularly lift heavy materials and/or operate heavy machinery.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Work require mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, ear plugs and dust mask.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply button
- Then fill the Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit