The Programme Specialist reports to the Programme and Budget Officer. He/she acts independently in routine matters,showing a high degree of initiative and independent judgment in performing a broad range of programme, planning and budgeting activities requiring in-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant policies, procedures and best practices and works in close collaboration with managers and staff in the regional and decentralized offices.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Public Sector Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- Coordinate, review and analyze the Periodic Budgetary Reports for final submission to the Office of Strategic Planning;
- Assemble and synthesize data from corporate data bases to facilitate the analysis of programmes, projects or activities, and to draft periodic or ad hoc management reports;
- Monitor projects and ensure the maintenance and retrieval of programming reference material, documentation, data and information;
- Consolidate and monitor various reports on human resources planning and expenditures, the use of non-staff
- Resources, the office communication and publishing plans, IT plans, and travel schedules;
- Screen incoming correspondence to identify issues requiring further attention and draft related correspondence;
- Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing across the office through training of staff and briefing of budget holders on administrative/budgetary/planning/programming/financial procedures and processes;
- Review current processes and make recommendations to improve programme/projects administration procedures;
- Perform other functions as required.
- University degree in Management, Accountings, Finances or related fields;
- Five years of experience in administrative/ financial/ planning/ programming/ budgeting activities for both Regular Programme and Projects
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work
- Extent and relevance of experience in budgeting and planning
- Knowledge of French is considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
- Familiarity with FAO and/or UN field programme management procedures and guidelines;
- Excellent communications skill, both orally and in writing, on technical materials for audiences at different levels of technical expertise;
- Extent of knowledge of corporate information systems such as Oracle, FAO COIN (Country Office Information System) and FAO FPMIS (Field Programme Management Information System);
- Knowledge of FAO organizational structure.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply button
- Then fill the Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit