Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Do you have a minimum of 10 years working experience, with a minimum of 5years in a Senior Management role within a multinational company?
- Do you have sound understanding of accounting, planning, projects, internet solutions and variance analysis, compliance and treasury functions in the mining industry at a senior level?
- Is coaching and mentoring part of your work ethics?
- Are you interested in joining an inclusive and diverse work environment?
Join the Finance Team as the Senior Site Finance Manager overseeing financial analysis, cost controls, financial modelling and budgeting with an emphasis on processing, analysing and reporting financial transactions associated with business activity within designated, operational or support area(s).
In This Role You Will:
- Build financial models or other driver-based planning functionality for various departments including but not limited to support areas, Finance and Treasury schedules during annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting.
- Deliver insights, analysis and solutions to contribute in meeting site targets.
- Anticipate needs and find opportunities for finance to support site leadership.
- Engage regional and site leadership and other key stakeholders on priorities and challenges of the finance function and their support in addressing these.
- Represent finance function at site and regional meetings and make relevant presentations.
Planning and Forecasting
- Update and maintain forecast and strategic scenario schedules including but not limited to Finance and Treasury based on business changes.
- Coordinate and review inputs by Cost Center Managers for the preparation of yearly business plans and budgets for the site operation ensuring the integrity of submissions and compliance with regional assumptions and guidance.
- Lead site interactions with and presentation to the Africa Regional Leadership in finalising input for inclusion into the regional business plans and budgets.
- Coordinate and review the preparation of quarterly and other forecasts for the site, leading interaction with regional leadership team in finalisation of numbers and tracking performance against plans.
- Liaise with regional planning team on user training need on systems and tools (for planning and forecasting) and on opportunities for process improvements.
Accounting and Reporting
- Review and analyse monthly financial reports to identify potential cost control issues.
- Oversee management of costs by responsibility, activity, cost center, element and other performance indicators, and engage departmental heads in review of cost center summaries.
- Guarantee the integrity of period accounting close outcomes – statistics, costs, income statement, balance sheet, cash flow – and that activities and deliverables meet agreed timelines.
- Manage the compilation of monthly variance analysis, compare budget versus forecasts and previous plan, etc. and opportunity for improved performance.
- Lead the preparation of other relevant reports and the performance calls with Regional Leadership and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and prepare stakeholder reporting including corporate Data Acquisition Workbook, Minerals Commission (MINCOM) quarterly and annual reporting, Bank of Ghana monthly and quarterly reporting, etc.
Talent Management and Team Leadership
- Support in building site finance leadership pipeline, identifying talent and capabilities required.
- Carry out the day to day leadership and development of site finance team.
- Prepare and execute development plans for subordinates.
Investment Systems and Capital Accounting
- Support in the Authorisation for Expenditure (AFE) and Project Design Document (PDD) preparation for capital expenditures.
- Manage overall capital expenditure processes.
- Coordinate site investment system processes, AFE, Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) and support economic metrics, liaising with regional planning team in verifying that documentation of an appropriate standard is submitted for value assurance and to the Site / Regional Investment Council (IC).
- Provide assurance around spend of under USD$100,000 which is under Regional Investment Council (RIC) limit.
- Liaise as required with major projects team, based at Ahafo North.
- Accountable for site capital spend coordination, discipline and reporting.
- Serve as a liaison between Accounting, Business Planning and the assigned Operating group.
- Interact and coordinate purchasing issues with Supply Chain Management.
- Interact and coordinate purchasing issues with mine Information Technology Team Supply Chain Management.
Taxation and Cost Management
- Identify onsite tax exposures and liaise with the Regional Tax Manager in verifying they are appropriately managed.
- Facilitate the performance of onsite tax audits, reviews and investigations and that any evidence requested is provided.
- Verify and sign off on Financial Planning (FP) benefits submitted by departments.
- Compare FP actual benefits with budget targets and analyse variances and plans for remediation.
- Represent the Regional Chief Financial Officer (RCFO) on all mine cost and Business Intelligence (BI) initiatives, providing finance input.
Compliance / Other
- Coordinate compliance with requirements of the Newmont Investment Standard at site.
- Certify the site compliance with Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX), internal audit, external audit and accounting standards, guidance and procedures.
- Continually assess the mine site internal control framework to identity control weaknesses, inefficiencies and opportunities to improve the control environment.
- Support internal and external Auditors with all requests for mine site testing and documentation.
- Support site Newmont Ahafo Development Foundation (NADEF) and Newmont Akyem Development Foundation (NAKDEF), crop compensation outcomes, Partnering Against Corruption Initiative (PACI), etc.
- Support the coordination of gold shipments with the Processing Group, Corporate Treasury and local government agencies.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Professional accounting certification is a plus).
- A post graduate business qualification – CA, ACCA, MBA, MSc in Business or Accounting.
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge of mine site operations and systems.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP).
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or IGAAP.
- At least 10 years work experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a senior management role.
- Exposure to and experience in accounting, planning, projects, variance analysis, compliance and treasury functions in the mining industry at a senior level.
- Evidence of having managed internal and external audit relationships.
- Evidence of having mentored and trained subordinates in a mine finance environment.
- Experience or exposure to SAP and Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC).
- ability to analyse and provide innovative solutions to challenges in a mining environment.
- team building ability and people development skills.
- strategic leadership ability.
- ability to work effectively as part of a team, and also communicate with, engage and support senior management in finding solutions to various challenges in a mining environment.
- Business analysis.
- Business modelling.
- Advance computer skills.
- Technically inclined.
- Team player.
- Assertive and influential.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Continually learn.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply button
- Then fill the Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit
Closing Date : 10 July. 2021