Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role:
- Are you able to develop, conduct and monitor training in process Electricals, Instrumentation and Controls for both experienced electrical personnel and electrical trainees?
- Are you able to closely supervise and provide on the job guidance and monitoring of skills development of trainees to develop sufficient skills to operate independently?
- Are you able to conduct assessments to establish current competencies and report on who will further require training and assessment in areas where competency gaps are identified?
In This Role You Will:
- Impart required process electrical and instrumentation skills and knowledge in accordance with prescribed curriculum, programs and standards.
- Conduct training needs analysis and develop training plans for process maintenance electrical and instrumentation personnel and contribute towards production of teaching schedules and other training associated administration.
- Conduct assessment and testing as required and maintain accurate records of all training and assessment activities.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Correct unsafe practices whenever such situation exists.
- Maintain all necessary processes and procedures as outlined in the Training Management System.
- Model and promote expected behaviours, with emphasis on desired values, safe work practice, punctuality, efficiency and quality of work.
Training and Assessment
- Conduct training in process electrical and instrumentation maintenance for both experienced plant electricians and trainees.
- Develop and modify process training and assessment material where directed.
- Contribute towards production of teaching schedules and other training associated administration.
- Conduct assessment and testing as detailed in curriculum.
- Maintain accurate records of all training and assessment activities.
- Engage with departments to ascertain their needs.
- Develop training content, research and pull together material to seek approval on said content from the Superintendent.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job guidance to the trainees.
- Conduct assessments to establish current competencies and report on who will further require training and assessment in areas where competency gaps are identified.
- Monitor progress of process trainees and provide coaching and instruction as required.
- Apply vocational guidance and counselling as needed.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Higher National diploma (HND) in Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering.
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor Certification.
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge and understanding of large-scale gold process maintenance.
- Possess a knowledge of competency-based curriculum.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required – preferable supervisor or training experience.
- Extensive theoretical and practical experience, knowledge and understanding of fixed plant electrical & instrumentation.
- Excellent teaching and facilitation skills.
- Possess a knowledge of competency-based curriculum.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- English and Twi language ability (spoken and written).
- Advance computer skills.
- Experience preferably in gold processing and/or mining environment.
- Extensive experience in high voltage, SCADA Operating System, Programme Logic Circuit (PLC), Instrumentation.
- Takes initiative.
- Results driven.
- Position is located at the Ahafo South mine.
- Overtime work hours are required on a regular basis.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply button
- Then fill the Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit