Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To supervise the Fleet Management System (FMS) Team, coordinate activities and develop solutions to improve the overall reliability, performance of persons and dispatching/mine control activities.
- Manage the flow of information into and out of the FMS System and channel this information towards Short-Term, Medium-Term and Long-Term Planning.
- Incorporate into Pitram established targets for tonnage, fleet performance and its life to achieve defined organization profit targets.
- Setup and management of designed headings, estimated volume and actual mined tonnes. Equipment assignment, availability, Use and production KPIs.
- Coordination of material movement (ore and waste) to RIM/Waste pad and back filling locations in collaboration with weekly/monthly mining and geology plans.
Essential Duties II
- Liaise with all stakeholders for resources (including third parties) required in resolving issues pertaining to the Fleet Management System.
- Train relevant persons on Mine Control Systems; Dispatchers, Equipment Operators and General Foremen on the effective use of the FMS systems.
- Liaise with the Maintenance team regarding the upkeep of the health and maintenance of the Pitram installation kits on equipment.
Essential Duties III
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise technical upgrades and activities of associated systems to maintain systems functionality and data integrity.
- Quality control and supervise the work of the controllers to ensure that all work within the department is carried out in an efficient manner, which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
- Optimize Trucks and Fleet usage using Pitram.
- Generate daily end of shift, weekly, monthly, global metrics, and regulatory reports to stakeholders.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations)
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mine Engineering
- Mine Foreman Certificate of Competency
- Computing, Programming and Database setup and management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Fleet Management System environment, of which 1 – 2 years should be in a field supervisory capacity in the mines.
- Experience with truck dispatching systems.
- Experience with SQL report management and development.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Person will work in an office setting with regular visits to operational areas.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the field is not usually in excess of 85 decibels. Incumbent is occasionally exposed to noise, fumes, high temperatures, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, unpaved pathways, pinch-points, extreme vibration, excavators and drilling rigs, slippery surfaces.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply button
- Then fill the Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit
Closing Date : 26 May. 2021