Underground Mining Alliance Ltd. (“UMA”) is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
UMA is seeking to employ qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions: Underground Blastman /Charge Up Operator/Trainer. These are Obuasi based Fixed Term position with a competitive work roster at its operations in Obuasi. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance-based incentive payments for the right candidates.
The positions will provide you with an excellent opportunity to further develop your career in underground mechanised mining while working alongside experienced industry professionals in a safe, dynamic and outcome focused environment.
- Apply: Paste or Construction Foreman At Underground Mining Alliance
- Apply: Underground Mining Engineers At Underground Mining Alliance
- Apply: Jumbo Drill Operator / Trainer At Underground Mining Alliance
- Apply: Long Hole Operator Trainer At Underground Mining Alliance
- Apply: Remote Bogger Operator At Underground Mining Alliance
- Use of a variety of explosives and initiating systems, depending on drill pattern, rock type and hole dimension;
- Handle and transport explosive material in a safe manner according to procedures
- Charge up holes, down-holes and development drives;
- Charge up and fire stope blasts according to blast plan;
- Ensure that all statutory requirements associated with the mining operation are completed in compliance with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana;
- Ensure working area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform duties;
- Liaise with Geologist, Engineers and Shift Supervisors to optimize blast designs;
- Prepping Stope Blast Holes and produce an accurate Stope Prep plan;
- Demonstrate full understanding of Charge Plans and Charge Stopes according to plan
Qualification Required & Experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Production charging;
- Experience with ICON Charging and Logging
- Experience charging with both Emulsion and Anfo
- Demonstrate understanding and ability to conduct density testing of emulsion
- Experience in operating a Norment Charmec LC 605 charging unit;
- Sound mechanical knowledge of both the Normet and Hypercharge Unit;
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and can drive underground.
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and related regulations of the Republic of Ghana.
- Previous experience working in Hard Rock Underground Mines (with International Underground Mining experience);
- Must possess Equipment Operator’s certification from the Minerals Commission
- Flexible and willingness to assit with varied tasks and responsibilities
- Previously employed in an underground charge-up role
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification;
- Must demonstrate strong work ethics and be able to communicate courteously with co-workers.
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should send their CV’s and and cover letter to the following email address: [email protected]
- State the position you are applying for as the subject of the email
- Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first.
- Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Closing Date: 12th July 2020.