The HR and Operations Officer will report to the Finance & Operations Manager. [b]This position is based in Tamale.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree at three (3) or more years of experience working in HR, procurement, or other operations position.
The Human Resources (HR) and Operations Officer will manage the day-to-day human resources duties including recruitment, onboarding, orientation, and performance management. They will also support (and sometimes lead) the procurement of goods and services including event venues, local consultants, office supplies, and other goods and services necessary for project implementation. The HR & Operations Officer will also support logistics for project events, trainings, and meetings, and will oversee the day to day duties of local and international travel.
The ideal candidate will have a university degree at three (3) or more years of experience working in HR, procurement, or other operations position. Please note: Position will be based in Tamale. There will be no relocation allowance for successful candidate.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- Masive Recruitment Of Nurses At Malaria Vaccine Research Center
- Recruitment Of Collections Analyst at Vodafone Ghana
- Recruitment Of Tools Sales and Support Representative at Sandvik
- Recruitment Of Driver, Technicians, Engineers at DRA Global
- Recruitment Of Manager at Protea Hotels
- Mastercard Foundation Recruitment 2020
- Recruitment Of District Training Coordinator at Sabre Education
- Ensure USAID Advancing Nutrition adheres to the JSI Local Hire Employment (LHEM) and that all personnel information is kept and documented in accordance with LHEM;
- Lead and oversee recruitment, onboarding, and orientation with oversight from the Finance & Operations Manager.
- Coordinate with other JSI/Ghana projects to ensure fair and equitable procurement and implementation of benefits and welfare administration, employee relations, and JSI/ Ghana branch policies and procedures.
- Oversee the Annual Performance Review process, including any applicable performance improvement plans, and any necessary support to supervisors/managers.
- Assist the F&O Manager and technical leads, to identify and initiate new recruitments, including developing job descriptions, advertising, shortlisting, and interviewing for vacant project positions.
- Collaborate with the F&O Manager and technical leads to implement and oversee orientation for new staff members.
- Assist the F&O Manager and other senior management to HR policies/procedures are implemented properly and consistently, in accordance with the LHEM.
- Manage and monitor the project’s procurement processes, including but not limited to verification of technical specifications, preparation of procurement documentation, responding to written inquiries and clarifications, procurement evaluation and notification, and contract preparation.
- Act as a resource person to all project staff for procurement related inquiries, and provide regular training to staff to ensure awareness with JSI Management Accountability Framework.
- Update vendor lists for common procurements (preferred vendors, pharmaceuticals, etc.) and streamline vendor-preferred procurements, as applicable.
- Ensure all project procurement files are up to date and audit-ready all the times, in accordance with the Operations Manual.
- Liaise with the JSI home office staff on procurement related activities in accordance policy and procedures.
- Maintain procurement plan.
Administration (some tasks may be adjusted as additional staff come onboard)
- Provide administrative and logistics support to project events, trainings, and workshops.
- Manage USAID Advancing Nutrition office space and staff comfortability.
- Maintain inventory of project non-expendable equipment, including tagging, tracking, and assessing condition of equipment and furniture for USAID required reports.
- Ensure that administrative files for the office are maintained in a consistent and orderly manner.
- Coordinate travel requirements for staff and consultants, including hotel accommodations and conference booking.
- Ensure that project equipment are maintained and properly functioning
- Maintain vendor files.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Finance and Operations Manager.
Job Qualification And Experience
- University degree in business and/or project management.
- Working knowledge of HR principles, local labor laws, and benefit administration in the Republic of Ghana;
- Minimum of 3 years’ combined demonstrated experience in a procurement, HR, and/or operational related position for international development projects in the Republic of Ghana, preference for USAID experience;
- Ability to show be discreet and maintain confidential information;
- Dynamic team player with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should submit their cover letter and CV in one PDF attachment to the following email address: [email protected]
- Indicate your preferred district in your application
Deadline for submission is June 12, 2020.