Chief Steward at Kempinski Hotels. Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
The overall scope of the job includes ensuring that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Prepare and review all departmental operations manual updates annually.
- Constantly improve the product quality by sourcing the best available products.
- Ensure that all garbage regulations i.e separation of items as well as the assigned garbage runs.
- Have the knowledge of all cleaning procedures, use of dishwashing machines and the type of chemicals being used according to the established standards of performance.
- Ensuring that breakage is administrated as well as to provide constant feedback to the operation as a tool to reduce breakage and losses.
- Strictly adhere to the established budgets and operating expense plans, ensuring that all costs are controlled.
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual operating budget for operating expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the annual business plan.
- Ensure control and supervision on the requisitions of operating equipment, the storage and careful handling of operating equipment.
- Conduct and participate in daily pre shift briefings with regards to outlets and banquets activities.
- Ensure that all outlets and departments are supplied with clean and dry operating equipment.
- Supervise contractors in kitchen and back of house areas of the Food & Beverage division.
- Maintain daily checks and log reports of all areas responsible.
- Monthly breakage and loss report, outlet report and trainers report
- Chemical consumption per area
- Plan the weekly and monthly duty roster, ensuring that stewarding is adequately staffed and manpower is efficiently handled and part time labor expenses are controlled.
- Coordinate all repair and maintenance reports for the respective departmental areas.
- Strict adherence to all hygiene requirements.
- Strict adherence to all hygiene requirements.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills And Qualifications
- BA/BSc in Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 year in similar role, preferably with a 5* Hotel chain.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Additional language – beneficial.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Strong affinity for Information Technology.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- People Oriented
- Passionate for European luxury
- Business Acumen
- Sense of responsibility
- Team player
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
- Tolerant and open minded
- Works well under pressure
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply button
- Then fill the Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit
Closing Date : 10 April. 2021