Here is the Kufuor Scholarship Scholars Application Form and how to apply for the KUFUOR SCHOLARS PROGRAM (KSP).
The KUFUOR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (KSP) is one of the initiatives of the John A. Kufuor Foundation. The Initiative is strategically guided by the principles of the leadership development commitment of the Foundation.
About Kufuor Scholars Program (KSP)
The Kufuor Scholars Program (KSP) was instituted in 2015 by the John A. Kufuor Foundation, an independent, non-partisan development oriented institution. The program provides a specialized three (3) year transformational leadership preparation for the African youth and targets Level 100 students in Ghanaian universities.
The KSP which seeks to add value to the formal education is expected to produce leaders imbued with a strong sense of patriotism; leaders who are innovative, problem solvers, creative thinkers and knowledgeable in their respective fields of endeavor.
KUFUOR SCHOLARS PROGRAM (KSP) OBJECTIVES
The Kufuor Scholars Program has the overarching objective of mentoring a critical mass of future change agents; leaders imbued with a strong sense of patriotism; leaders who are innovative, problem solvers, creative thinkers and knowledgeable professionals in their respective fields of endeavor.
These leaders will be trailblazers, whose hallmark will be both success and excellence in national development. Specifically, the program seeks to:
- Cultivate the next crop of transformational leaders; who are patriotic, selfless and community-oriented.
- Empower young scholars with ethical problem-solving skills and creative thinking skills towards success in their respective careers and leadership roles for national development.
- Guide young scholars to become agents of social change for political tolerance, ethnic and religious co-existence, and national orientation for sustainable development.
GOALS OF KUFUOR SCHOLARS PROGRAM (KSP)
The Kufuor Scholars Program has been designed to achieve the overarching and long-term goals of The John A. Kufuor Foundation, which are to promote:
Effective Leadership: Recognizing the central role of leadership in the development of societies, the program seeks to prepare young people to become transformational leaders by offering specialized and programmed leadership training, mentoring and coaching, and experiential activities.
Good Governance: The Scholars are nurtured to embrace good democratic governance as a developmental imperative and the framework for achieving social cohesion and peaceful co-existence.
Socio-Economic Development: The Scholars are primed to be change agents who seek to transform the socioeconomic circumstance of Ghana and Africa and contribute to advancing the wellbeing of society.
KUFUOR SCHOLARS PROGRAM (KSP) DESCRIPTION
KSP is a three-year training program that offers selected candidates mentorship and coaching, stipend, and specialized seminars and experiential activities in defined areas such as:
- Citizenship and Civic Responsibility
- Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills, Leadership seminars & Camps
- Problem-solving, Research & Innovation
- Integrity & Accountability
- Corruption and Accountable Governance
- Nation Building
- Ghana in a Globalized World
- Public Administration in Ghana.
- Project Planning and Management
Eligibility & Requirements of Kufuor Scholars Program (KSP)
- You must Be of Ghanaian nationality.
- You must be Enrolled in level 100 at a Ghanaian university in any academic discipline.
- You must Have demonstrable leadership interest and experience (e.g. in school,
community or at the national level).
- You must be Focused on ability to lead, commitment to service, moral force of character
and outstanding academic intellect
- Applicants below the age of 18 must submit a parental consent letter
Application Procedures : How TO Apply
- First visit the KUFUOR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM (KSP) portal
- And complete the online application form
- Afterwards upload all required documents
- Then Attach a 3 minute video of yourself on why you are interested in becoming a Kufuor Scholar
- Include information about yourself, leadership experience and a leadership role you have ever played, n the Video. The Video size should not exceed 24MB
- Also upload an evidence-based essay on a leadership question on the site (A 700-word statement) as well as Two letters of recommendation; from a University Lecturer, community or civil society organizer or head of a public or private agency, testifying to the candidate’s abilities and leadership potentials
- Include a Detailed curriculum vitae
Application Deadline & Enquiries
Deadline for application is 12th July. For further enquiries, call Tel. 050-227-5820 between 10am -4 pm (Mon-Fri).