With the aid if this article, we would be talking about universities which offer accounting in Ghana. We would also take look at career opportunities for accounting graduates in Ghana and also their needs of becoming an accountant in Ghana.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Group >>> Discussion Forum <<
About Universities Offering Accounting in Ghana
Accounting is one of the core interest in business management. Accountants are taught on how to examine and be analyze financial reports. Accounting is an extra course studied with other subjects such as finance, banking or law.
This determines that the accountancy is an indiscipline occupation which needs students having a grasp of needed skills of business practice, and also the need for an active communication with customers and well trained people to input data.
In Ghana, accountants spend at least four years studying at the universities. After completing you can continue to become a chartered accountant, howbeit after taking the professional accountancy text.
Who is An Accountant?
An accountant is a skilled person who is been trained to put to record business transactions in place of the organization, reports on company’s production is been sent to the management team, and to issue a report.
What Does An Accountant Do?
As we all know, accountants are said to be in control of the money of the organization. They work with financial reporting, planning a budget, pay workers in the company, purchasing to customers, procurement of jobs, and pays tax in the name of the company. Some organizations, also have their accountants to audit financial figures.
What Can I Do With an Accounting Degree?
Many accountants who make money in accounting degree usually move on to working as an accountant. There are four simple types of accounting professionals.
- Public Accountants– These type of accountants works for organizations which really don’t have the aim of making profits but rather help to establish people and a nation, for-profit organizations, governments, or individuals. Public accountants specifically work on accounting, auditing, and tax work. Moreover, they are also known to give advices, consulting, or vet services to their customers.
- Management Accountants– It is sometimes known to be private or cost accountants, management accountants put to notice and restructure financial details for their employers. Management accountants sometimes trained in a particular area, such as cost accounting, financial analysis, or planning and budgeting for the company to enhance easy distribution.
- Government Accountants – Government accountants can work for government, region, or Assembly. They often take care of revenue and expenditure is noted. Those who work for the government are served as officers for the In service Revenue Service. Vacancies are in areas of financial management, administration, and budget analysis.
- Internal Auditors – These specified accountants audit records for the company they work for to make known to the company where fault are made or fraud. They also go through already planned operations for good output, accuracy, and good attitude towards work.
Requirements to Study Accounting in Ghana
There are some targets that applicants are to achieve before being accepted to pursue accounting in Ghana.
Applicants must have at least a credit pass in three (3) core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science and/or Social Studies, and three (3) elective subjects in the following groups; Business, General Arts and General Science.
Applicants with A’ Level are to have five credits at the O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics, plus three (3) A’ Level or equivalent passes in General Arts, Business and General Science.
HND applicants with Second Class (Lower Division) and above must in addition have credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in three (3) core subjects and three (3) electives
or five (5) credits at O’ level including English language and mathematics. Applicants with HND are put in either level 200 or 300 after been passed an entrance examination/interview.
List Universities Offering Accounting in Ghana
Here is a list of accredited universities that offer in Ghana. Accounting (with options in banking and finance) in Ghana.
- University of Professional Studies
- Central University College
- Wisconsin International University College
- University of Ghana
- Catholic University College of Ghana
- University for Development Studies
- Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
- University of Cape Coast (B.Ed Accounting and B.Com Accounting)
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (Accounting and Finance)
- Valley View University
- Lancaster University (Accounting and Finance)
If you think there has been an omission of any school, please let us know in the comment section of this article.