The Office of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS) is recruiting for result-oriented persons to fill the following vacant position across the Local Government Service. This is as announced on the official website of the Head of the Local Government Service (OHLGS).
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- To lead in the planning, coordination, implementation of physical planning policies and programmes for the sustainable development of cities, towns and villages.
- Advise the District Assembly on matters relating to development, land use and planning in the district;
- Serves as the secretary to the local Technical Sub-Committee and Statutory Planning Committee of the District Assembly;
- Contribute to the preparation of District Medium Term Development Plans and annual action plans;
- Prepare development plans to serve as framework in guiding the formulation of development policies and decisions and in the design of projects in the District and Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Human Settlement Planning, Development Planning and Maritime Spatial Planning or other relevant equivalent discipline from a recognized University.
- Must be in the professional cadre of the physical planning class
- Membership of a relevant professional body would be an added advantages;
- Budgeting and Budget control
- Leadership and Managerial skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills;
- General planning organization and supervisory skills
Job Title: head of physical planning department.
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should send the following documents to the postal address below:
- Submit an application and attach copies of 1. Educational Certificates 2. Continuous Professional Development Certificates 3. Curriculum vitae indicating the addresses of three (3) referees of which one must be professionally-related
- Applications should be submitted before close of work on Friday, 23rd October, 2020 to the postal address:
The Head of Service
Office of the Head of the Local Government Service
Post Office Box MB 396