The goal of the Manager of Government Partnerships is to support Makedu make effective proposals to large government agencies.
Makedu is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve the sustainable development goals.
Makedu has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral organizations.
Through this role, we will expand our work into government agencies and become the de facto digital solutions service provider for government projects geared towards sustainable development.
This position will require that the candidate be based in Accra. The candidate is expected to hold a valid work permit for Ghana.
The Manager of Government Partnerships will be responsible for achieving the company’s revenue target for government agencies through the implementation of a strategic sales plan and team performance.
1. Create a strategy that draws upon the strengths of the company to generate competitive advantage in existing markets and develop new revenue streams that will guarantee short and long term achievements.
2. Liaise with the marketing team to devise new ways of making the company’s products and services more attractive to government agencies.
3. Research and identify contracting opportunities for new business within the public sector.
4. Attend sales events and trade shows in order to promote the brand and establish lasting relationships with government agencies.
5. Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients within the public sector to do business with the company.
6. Arrange meetings with prospects in order to drive product sales and knowledge.
7. Meet with potential clients and translate feedback into actionable growth strategies to expand sales and profit margin.
8. Drive and exceed sales revenue and productivity.
9. Analyze and communicate business trends as they relate to the public sector.
10. Develop and execute annual revenue plans, and provide periodic reports which will be reviewed by management.
1. Successful track record in business development within large government agencies (10+ years).
2. Strong relationships with large government agencies in Ghana.
3. Passion for the role of digital solutions for the achievement of sustainable development goals.
4. Ability to design and articulate, both in writing and in-person, sector-specific (e.g. health, agriculture) value propositions for digital solutions for government agencies.
5. An experienced negotiator who is able to drive revenue.
6. Ability to undertake a stakeholder analysis.
7. Understanding of bilateral funders desirable.
8. Multiple years living and working in Ghana desirable.
Objective and Key Performance Indicators
1. Achieve Makedu’s annual revenue target for government agencies.
2. Diversify our network of government agencies relationships to 5 large government agencies.
3. Develop, implement and improve our government agencies proposal development process.
1. A seasoned professional with extensive management experience creating brand awareness and driving sales in the public sector.
2. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or business-related subject.
3. Ability to build relationships and close deals.
4. Must possess research and analytical skills.
5. Exceptional communication skills.
6. Creative and strategic thinker.
7. Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
9. Excellent coaching skills.
10. Knowledge of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
11. Must be able to work both in a group and as an individual.
12. Must possess strong negotiation and influencing skills.
13. Must be empathetic.
14. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
15. Ability and willingness to learn new skills to improve on self and the organization.
16. Good time management skills.
Mode of Application
Application is strictly via Makedu Consult website. Visit our careers page to apply now: makeduconsult.com
Deadline for application: Monday, December 16, 2019, at 3:00 PM GMT.
Ongoing Ghana Export Promotion Authority Recruitment. Read More
Ghana Ranked Fifth Most ‘Visa-Open’ Country In Africa. Read More.
KNUST Ranked Best University in West Africa. Read More.
All in one passport application guide. Contains every detail about the the various Ghana passport application processes since its inception. Read More
All in one detailed national service procedures guide. Read More.