Here is the Ministry of Communications MS Geek Competition application forms download and application procedures to apply for the Ministry of Communications MS Geek Competition 2020 / 2021. Follow the stated procedures to apply:
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section.
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
ABOUT THE MS GEEK AFRICA COMPETITION
Miss Geek Africa is an entrepreneurship competition that originated as Miss Geek Rwanda in 2014 but was renamed Miss Geek Africa in 2017 and has expanded to 22 countries in Africa. Girls and women between the ages of 13 and 21 years submit apps that solve problems through technological innovations. The top three competitors receive cash prizes and business training, and the winner also receives financial backing
The competition is aimed at inspiring more girls into taking up Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math education and careers to meaningfully contribute to solving the continent’s challenges using technology.
Top 10 finalists undergo a weeklong intensive training program to equip them with the presentation, public speaking, and critical thinking skills to prepare them for competition day. Ms. Geek Africa is selected by a panel of judges and receives exciting prizes including a cash prize, IT devices, a trip to an international technology conference, among others. All expenses are covered for all selected finalists.
The experience provides all finalists the opportunity to compete and collaborate among peers as well as participate in the summit where they interact with industry leaders and their governments.
Last year, the winner of the Miss Geek Africa 2019 competition designed a mobile platform that can enable expectant mothers to monitor their health during pregnancy. The platform is connected to a smart bracelet, which checks the woman’s vital signs and sends them to an emergency service provider in real-time.
MS GEEK GHANA COMPETITION
In 2019, the Ministry of Communications adopted the Ms. Geek Africa concept and organized the first Ms. Geek Ghana Competition where eligible young ladies submitted concepts aimed at solving everyday community problems through technological innovations in the Ghanaian society.
The overall winner of Ms. Geek Ghana 2019, Ms. Selasi Ama Domi-Kuwornu developed an Electronic Pilfering in Mobile Money (Kasa-Cash System) concept, an innovative solution which seeks to protect Ghanaians especially the underprivileged who were illiterate and were duped or defrauded by associates who could be close relations whilst using their mobile money applications. Ms. Domi-Kuwornu was sponsored to develop the prototype of her idea and also participate in the Ms. Geek Africa competition 2020 which had been scheduled to be held in April in Guinea, Conakry, however, the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic did not permit the competition to take place.
Applications for the 2nd edition of Ms. Geek Ghana should be submitted from now to Wednesday 30th September 2020, at 5:00 p.m. The competition is open to Ghanaian young ladies between the ages of 13 and 21 years in line with the Regional competition policy. The best solutions shall be selected to participate in the finals. Finals include a weeklong training, followed by two rounds of presentation where the top 3 shall be chosen and Ms. Geek Ghana 2020 crowned during the closing events of the summit. The dates for the final events will be provided in due course.
- Female between the ages of 13 and 21 years old
- Citizen of Ghana
- Contestants must be available for selection and training
The application must include the following:
- Description of the problem you want to solve
- How you will solve it
- A conceptual design
- what technologies you are using/need to develop the concept
- The population group it will positively affect
- How content will be generated and shared.
- In developing the concept note, applicants must consider how many Ghanaians and or Africans have limited access to internet/smart devices.
- A graphical presentation to accompany your concept note, demonstrating how the solution will work and an example of its user interface.
PLEASE NOTE: The solution must be original or an improvement to existing solutions.
Accompanying prizes include:
- Cash prize for the best five (5) submissions,
- A laptop for each final ten shortlisted,
- A trip to an International Technology Conference in 2021
- Free one-year Internet Connection for the best five (5) submitters
- Sponsored attachment for the best three (3) at a technology innovation hub closest to submitters to fine-tune and actualize their concepts
- All travel and accommodation expenses will be covered for the shortlisted ten finalists.
The Ministry reserves the right to determine how any other prize contribution will be managed after the launch of the competition on Wednesday, 6th May 2020.
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Start by visiting the portal to download the Ministry of Communications MS Geek Competition Application Form
- Fill the downloaded MS Geek Competition Application Form
- Then Submit your completed application form in softcopy to [email protected]
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Name the submitted application in this format: YOUR NAME – REGION IN GHANA
- Deadline for submission is Wednesday30th September 2020, at 5:00 p.m.
- For enquiries call 0302685614 or send your enquiry via [email protected]