The National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA) has begun reviewing the Junior High School and Senior High School curriculums / syllabus to be piloted before february 2020. On Wednesday November 13, 2019, the Executive Secretary of NaCCA, Dr. Prince Hamid Armah opened the curriculum review and writing workshop at the Blue Royal Hotel at Larteh.
In his opening remarks, he said the review will focus on the common core programme, emphasizing essential skills such as problem solving and critical thinking; communication and collaboration; creativity and innovation, digital literacy, among others. The draft revised curriculum will be piloted in the classroom before it is finalized by February 2020.
He added that, to be able to review the curriculum effectively all the subject panels should understand the existing one and identify its gaps.
This according to Dr. Armah will enable them align the revised curriculum to the existing standards-based curriculum introduced in all KG to B6 schools across the country in September 2019.
At the end of the 5-day workshop the various subject panels will develop the first draft of the common core curriculum which will comprise learning context, programme description, strands, sub-strands, scope and sequence and content standards for each grade-level and common core subject.
- Ongoing Parliamentary Service of Ghana Recruitment 2020
- Full Details: NABCO To Begin Recruitment Of 100,000 Trainees
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Interview Questions And Answers For...
- GES Recruitment 2019/2020 New Application Procedures
- About 27,000 Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff To Be Recruited In 2...