A group known as the Coalition of Aggrieved National Service Personnel has described the decision of the National Service Secretariat to deduct GHC 50 from Personnel allowances without authorization as very unfortunate.
- United Nations Contacts Ghanaian Who Invented Solar Powered Hand Mashing Machine : Details
- Teacher Unions Give Recommendations To 77 Issues In The Pre-Tertiary Education Bill: Full Details
- Proper Consultation Was Done Before GHC 50 Was Deducted For NSS Cloth : Details
- UG Legon SRC To Present Management With Report On Students’ E-learning Challenges
- University of Ghana Students Petition EC Over Release Of SRC Vetting Results
- UCC SRC Tells Students To Halt Any Form Of Registration For E-Learning : Full Details
Allegations Made By The Coalition of Aggrieved National Service Personnel
The Coalition further alleged that the Regional National Service Personnel Association (NASPA) Executives have either been compromised or threatened and have been made to follow and accept without asking legitimate questions which are in the interest of the Personnel.
”Regional NASPA Executives have either been compromised or threatened and have been made to follow and accept without asking legitimate questions which are in the interest of the Personnel.” The group said.
In a statement released on April 12, 2020, by the Coalition, it has indicated there was an issue of Conflict of interest on the side of some Regional Executives as they may be going for National positions.
”Conflict of interest has also come to play on the side of some Regional Executives as they may be going for National positions.” The group alleges.
The coalition said the Secretariat through its internal structures (Regional Directors, District Directors and NASPA Executives) are forcing personnel to take the controversial NSS cloth in some parts of the country.
According to the group, the Head of Corporate Affairs of the secretariat, Mr Armstrong Esaah made a definitive statement on Angel TV about the huge number of personnel showing interest in the cloth.
”Contrary to the fact that the great majority of Personnel have no interest in the said compulsory cloth. We are deeply concerned by the comments made by the Head of Corporate Affairs Mr Armstrong Esaah. His comments trivialise the grievances and concerns of the Personnel.”
”The Secretariat has issued a directive for the cloths to be delivered to every district offices across the country for distribution to be made to the Personnel.”
”In this time of worry, panic, depression and confusion from the COVID-19 pandemic, we find it surprising why the Secretariat is desperate, determined and aggressive to force the cloth on the Personnel even to the point of urging them to come from their homes for the cloth.” They said.
”This does not only disrespect the dissent views of the Personnel but also undermines the directives of the President of the Republic to stay home and observe the social distance. It also undermines any progress we want to make in the fight against COVID-19 and the fight against injustice and unfairness in our society.”
The group thereby informed all National Service Personnel to stay home in obeying the president directives.
”Do not go to any district office for any compulsory cloth. We are still working against time to use legal means to get our deducted allowances refunded.” They concluded.
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- Ongoing Koforidua Technical University Recruitment 2020: Applicat...
- GES Boss Speaks About SHS Reopening Date, BECE, E-learning etc :...
- Apply For Scholarship In Ghana And Abroad Using Government’...
- Full List Of GES Postings For Teachers 2019 / 2020 Released ; How...