The Management of the National Service Scheme (NSS) has released postings of Three Thousand and Sixteen (3016) nurses for the 2019/2020 service year to various health facilities in all the sixteen (16) regions across the country to undertake their mandatory one-year national service. In a release signed by the Executive Director of the Ghana National Service Hon Mustapha Ussif and dated 16th October 2019, the national service secretariat gave procedures for accessing postings and how to go about validation and and registration .
Scope Of National Service Postings For Nurses 2019/2020
The initial 2018 / 2019 nursing national service for personnel begun their rotation last year April 2018. This recent release is for the nursing colleges that completed their academic work and passed their Licensure Exams in march 2019 and the resit batch. These includes Registered Community nurses, Midwifery nurses, General nurses and Mental nurses who have been duly trained and successfully passed their Licensure Exams conducted by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Checking Postings And Procedures To Follow Next
All eligible nurses who registered for national service are kindly requested to log onto www.nss.gov.gh on the Scheme’s website to check their placements and the proceed to the various NSS Registration Centers to complete their registration processes.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following are the procedures that the Newly Trained Nurses will have to go through to get registered and validated;
- Visit the NSS website www.portal.nss.gov.gh
- Click on check postings, and sign in to print a copy of the appointment letter.
- Proceed to the user agency (health facility) for the endorsement of appointment letter by the human resource manager with official stamp.
- After endorsement by the user agency, visit the NSS website to schedule an appointment indicating date and time for regional validation and acceptance.
- National Service Personnel accepted by user agency and has booked appointment should proceed to the NSS Regional Zonal Registration Centre for validation and registration to obtain Regional Acceptance Number (RAN).
- After validation, print a new appointment letter which has the “RAN” and make three photocopies. Submit a copy to the user agency and keep one.
For Detailed Procedures On How To Check Posting, Print Appointment Letter, Validation and Registration Check The Guide Below
Detailed guide on how to Check Posting, Validation and Registration. Read More.
Date For National Service Registration and Validation
Prospective Service Personnel and the general public are to note that registration and validation starts on Monday, 21st October, 2019.
Date For Commencement Of National Service For Nurses 2019 / 2020
It is important to note that the 2019/2020 service year for the newly trained Registered Nurses starts immediately after registration and validation.
Management wishes to urge all the posted nurses to accept their placements and consider them as part of their contribution towards building a prosperous Ghana.
The release however did not make mention of the release of pin codes for the prospective college of education national service year batch, whose pin codes are supposed to be released this month for them to commence the national service registration.
All in one detailed national service procedures guide. Read More.
You can be posted to your institution of choice for free. Here is how.Read More
All you need for a successful national service registration. Including how to register when your ID is rejected.Read More
How to get your national service certificate delivered to you and how to get a PDF copy of it before it arrives.Read More
All in one passport application guide. Contains every detail about the the various Ghana passport application processes since its inception. Read More