The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has officially released the arrangements for the completion of the second semester of the 2019/2020 academic year.
New KNUST Academic Calendar And Arrangements For Completion of 2019/2020 Academic Year
Below are the New KNUST Academic Calendar And Arrangements For Completion of 2019/2020 Academic Year
- The existing arrangements for online teaching and assessment for continuing and final year students as agreed at an Emergency Academic Board Meeting held on 4th May, 2020 (for the rest of the second semester of the 2019/2020 academic year), should hold. This is in consideration of the fact that more than 80% of assignments and project work which would be used as an assessment for the End of Second Semester Examinations have already been completed and submitted for marking.
- All online assignments and assessments should be completed by 30th June, 2020.
- Examiners should process results of ALL students for consideration by the Departmental/Faculty/College Boards latest by 15th July, 2020.
A schedule for the consideration of results by the various Boards i.e. Departmental/Faculty/College will be issued in due course.
- Students who have difficulty in assessing the online facilities will have the option to relocate to campus from the 15th to 30th of June, 2020. Those who may wish to take advantage of this opportunity should contact their Heads of Department through their Class Representatives.
- Sixth Year Clinical students of the Schools of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD), and Veterinary Medicine should report on 15th June, 2020. SMD clinical students will be accommodated at the Clinical Students Hostel at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital while 6th year final year students of the School of Veterinary Medicine will be accommodated at the SRC Hostel on campus.
They will be required to take an abridged examination consisting of Theory and Clinical Assessments which will be organised in small groups, in compliance with the protocol on social distancing. The assessment will be for a maximum period of three weeks after which the Fifth Year will report for their session.
- Sixth Year Pharm D students should report to school on the 15th of June to have two weeks of interactions with their Preceptors. This will be followed by examinations over a period of one week.
- Final Year students pursuing Midwifery and Medical Diagnostics degree programmes should report to school for two weeks with effect from 15th June, 2020 to complete their practical work and assessment.
The Dean of Students will be responsible for arranging accommodation at the SRC Hostels for students who will have to report on campus.
The University is working with Government to allow international students in the 5th and 6th Year in the School of Medicine and Dentistry, 6th Year in the School of Veterinary Medicine, 6th Year Pharm D students of the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and FInal Year Midwifery and Medical Diagnostics students to return to campus for their clinical/practical work.
Where a student is unable to return as scheduled due to travel restrictions in his/her country, arrangement would be made to have his/her examinations postponed until an appropriate time.
Graduate Students’ Theses submission and Defence – MPhil/PhD
Theses should be submitted to Supervisors who would forward approved theses to Heads of Department in PDF format for onward submission to the School of Graduate Studies.
Oral Examination and Defence will be conducted for MPhil and PhD students via ZOOM.
Affiliate Ministry of Health Training Institutions
Examinations for Final Year students in the affiliate Ministry of Health training Institutions will be conducted at their respective institutions. Examinations will be administered by staff of the Department of Nursing in compliance with the social distancing protocols.
The University’s COVID-19 Team would ensure that students who report on campus are examined and taken through the safety protocols as approved by the Ministry of Health on arrival.
All are kindly t take note of the above decisions of Academic Board and comply accordingly.