The President of Ghana, Nana Akuffo Addo has officially announced reopening date for all final year students in the Junior High Schools (JHS), Senior High Schools (SHS) and Tertiary Institutions (Universities etc). This was made known on Sunday, May 31, 2020, during his tenth state address on the update of events concerning COVID-19 pandemic.
Afterwards, the Ghana Education Service (GES) has also released a new academic calendar for all Junior High Schools (JHS), Senior High Schools (SHS) and Tertiary Institutions (Universities etc) nationwide. Check the new acdemic calendar and reopening date below.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Group For Teachers And Students For Enquiries and Updates. Here is the Group: >>> Students And Teacher Discussion Forum <<
New Academic Calendar for JHS, SHS & University Students
Below is the Newly released Academic Calendar for JHS, SHS & University Students.
School Reopening Date For Junior High Schools (JHS)
- Junior High Schools (JHS) are to reopen on Monday, June 29,2020, to prepare ahead of their Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).
- JHS 3 classes will comprise a maximum of thirty (30) students.
School Reopening Date For SHS 2 Gold Track And WASSCE Candidates
- Candidates of the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) are to reopen / resume for Academic Work on June 22, 2020, according to President Akuffo Addo.
- Form 2 Gold Track SHS Students are to reopen / resume to join the WASSCE Candidates on the same date to continue with their Second Semester.
- SHS classes should contain a maximum of twenty-five (25) students.
School Reopening Date For All Tertiary Institutions (University Etc)
The president, Akuffo Addo has has officially announced reopening date for Final year students in the various tertiary institutions in the country.
- Final year university students are to reopen / resume to their respective universities on 15th June 2020 to continue with their Academic works including examinations.
- University lectures are to take place with half the class size in respect of the COVID-19 social distancing protocols.
School Reopening Date For Private Schools And Training Institutions
- All final year students of educational and training institutions, which are being managed by Ministries other than the Education Ministry, are to reopen / resume on 15th June to complete their exit examinations.
School Reopening Date for JHS, SHS & University Final Year Students
- Final Year University Students are to reopen / resume on Monday, June 15, 2020
- Final Year Senior High School students (SHS 3) are to reopen / resume on Monday, June 22nd, 2020.
- Senior High School students (SHS 2) gold track are to reopen Monday, June 22nd, 2020.
- Final Year Junior High School (JHS 3) students are to reopen / resume on Monday, 29th June 2020.
Limitation To To The Reopening Of Schools (Exemptions
- All other educational facilities, private and public, for non-final year students, remains closed.
- The Minister for Education, in the coming days, will outline, specific guidelines for the safe reopening of all schools and universities.
Preventive Measures for Reopening / Resumption Of All Schools
- Schools will be fumigated and disinfected
- Every student, teacher, and non-teaching staff will be provided with re-usable face masks by the Ministry of Education.”