The University of Education Winneba (UEW) has officially released the arrangements for the completion of the second semester of the 2019/2020 academic year.
This comes after the the recent directive by the President on the re-opening of Schools/Universities, the University of Education Winneba (UEW) will reopen to final year students on Monday, 15th June, 2020.
New UEW Academic Calendar And Arrangements For Completion of 2019/2020 Academic Year
Below are the New UEW Academic Calendar And Arrangements For Completion of 2019/2020 Academic Year
The detailed programme outline for reopening is as follows:
- Registered final year students are expected to report to Campus on Monday 15thJune, 2020.
- Registered final year students facing accommodation challenges are advised to apply for on-campus accommodation through the respective Hall Managers. Room occupancy in all Halls of Residence will be subjected to all the precautionary measures and protocols that relate to COVID-19.
- Upon arrival on 15thJune, 2020, registered final year students will be supplied with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) including face masks provided for by the Ministry of Education to ensure their safety.
- There will be regular decontamination of lecture rooms, surfaces, doors, walkways and staircases at least three times a week. Thereafter, there will be enhanced cleaning services of all spaces, surfaces and handles.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided on all floors of lecture blocks and halls of residence. In addition, there will be repair and installation of adequate and appropriate hand washing basins in washrooms.
- Veronica buckets fitted with appropriate taps as back-up plan to wash hand basins will be provided as appropriate.
- The first week (16thJune – 20th, 2020)will be devoted to mopping up of lectures, post-internship seminars and submission of project work by students who had issues with access to the Learning Management System (LMS). The next two weeks (22nd June – 5th July, 2020) will be for writing and submission of take-home papers.
- There will be no face-to-face examinations; instead, students are to take advantage of the University’s improved ICT facilities to submit their take home papers through our LMS Moodle.
- There will be no mass gatherings, religious, cultural or sporting activities for students on Campus.
- During their stay on campus, probable/suspected cases will be isolated in designated spaces until test results are declared.
- All students are advised to be extra cautious when using shared items or facilities on Campus. All are urged to carry personal hand sanitizers.
- All students would be required to complete a COVID-19 assessment form online to assess the risk levels of each student.
- Telephone numbers will be provided to enable students call in case of any emergency or when COVID-19 is assumed.
- All necessary arrangements are being made by the University towards Congregation in late August 2020. Details will be communicated soon.
- All students who are owing school fees are entreated to make arrangements to pay any outstanding school fees before the end of the semester.
- The conduct of end-of-semester examinations for Level 100-300 will proceed as scheduled and will commence from 15thJune and end on 5thJuly, 2020. As already indicated in earlier releases, with the exception of General Courses, the conduct of end-of-semester examinations for all other courses i.e. departmental courses, will be in the form of take-home papers.
- All other continuing students in Level 100-300 will, as arranged earlier, continue to have online teaching and learning activities through the LMS mode.