The 2018 batch of newly posted teachers from the Colleges of Education lament over not being paid their Over 4-months Salary Arrears. They are therefore calling on the Controller and Accountant General’s Department (CAGD) and the Ghana Education Service (GES) to pay them their salaries as soon as possible.
Kindly share this article to inform others. There is a whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section Or You can join our Telegram Group For Teachers, Students And Job Seakers. Here is the Group: >>> Job Vacancies Announcement And Education Discussion Forum <<
- Vodafone Offers Free Internet Access To Online learning platforms : How To Use It
- Primary, JHS, SHS And Tertiary Schools Not Resuming On April 14 : Full Details Here
- Education Minister Appeals To Internet Service Providers Not To Charge Access To Educational Materials
- Ghanaian Inventor Manufactures Solar Hand Washing Machine To Help Prevent COVID-19
- Time Table And Schedule For The GES 24-Hour Learning Channel For SHS And JHS
- Government Launches Online Scholarship Application System : How To Apply
- Teaching And Learning Programme Launched On Home Base TV For Primary And JHS
- GES To Revise Academic Timetable After COVID-19 Pandemic : Full Details Here
- WASSCE 2020: NCTE To Meet With Universities To Discuss Admission Of SHS Students Without WASSCE
Concerns Over Salary Arrears
The teachers are saying the government has not paid them their salaries since being employed four months ago. The Newly trained teachers said the inability of the government paying their salaries for the past four months has affected their lives negatively, most especially in the wake of the novel COVID-19 lock down initiated by the government.
The teachers who were posted in November 2019 and had been asked to report to work on 2nd December 2019 according to their appointment letters, to which they obeyed.
However from December till April, they have not received any salary from Government even though they have had resumed work.
They lamented over their ordeals that despite having written the licensure exams and offering the mandatory one-year National Service they are still being getting paid.
State Of The Arrears
The teachers noted that only two regions ( Greater Accra and Central region) had been paid. And that is because they did their biometric registration in February 2020. The remaining 14 regions are however yet to even do their biometric registration due to the lockdown caused by the pandemic.
The teachers are pleading with the Ghana Education Service (GES) and the Controller and Accountant General’s Department (CAGD) to give them a updates regarding the biometric registration and payment salary arrears.
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- Ongoing Koforidua Technical University Recruitment 2020: Applicat...
- GES Boss Speaks About SHS Reopening Date, BECE, E-learning etc :...
- Apply For Scholarship In Ghana And Abroad Using Government’...
- Full List Of GES Postings For Teachers 2019 / 2020 Released ; How...