Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders. Job Title: Mine Maintenance Electrician at Newmont Mining Corporation
To conduct electrical maintenance, deployment, troubleshooting, replacement, repair, and testing of electrical equipment and systems on drills, shovels, and support equipment, according to electrical codes, OEM specifications and safety standards to ensure equipment availability and optimal mining operations and production.
- Perform routine maintenance on all electrical equipment and ensure effective functioning, including but not limited to maintenance of drills, shovel, and support equipment.
- Accomplish work objectives by determining own work schedule, coordinate with support services.
- Perform installations, maintenance, and repair activities, in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Check that daily and rotational quality targets are achieved, including First Stop After PM (FSAPM), Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repairs (MTTR).
- Check all malfunctioned electrical systems and conduct root cause analysis in order to diagnose whether to repair or replace.
- Analyze specified problems and issues to find the best technical solutions within OEM specifications and in accordance with local codes.
- Produce daily reports indicating the jobs for the day and submit the report to the Supervisor.
- Deliver own prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Inspect the equipment to check and identify any mechanical and basic electrical risks.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Electrical Engineering Technician certificate.
- Electrical Trade training, apprenticeship.
- MINCOM certified as Inspection Engineer as an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of maintaining Drills. Shovels and support equipment.
- Knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Knowledge of CMMS/ERP
Minimum of 3 years’ electrical maintenance experience in a mining equipment maintenance, preferably repairing and maintaining drills, shovels, and support equipment.
Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be required to work in confined spaces and will be exposed to extreme vibration.
- Work Environment: The employee is required to operate in a safety-critical environment with hazardous materials and potentially harmful / dangerous machinery and equipment. The incumbent will occasionally lift heavy materials and / or operate heavy machinery.
- Protective Equipment (PPE): Work requires mandatory PPE such as helmet, goggles, high visible clothing, safety harness, earplugs, and dust mask according to working conditions.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply now button
- You will be required to create an account if you don’t have one
- Afterwards click on the login button
- Then fill the Newmont Mining Corporation Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit
Closing Date : 17 March. 2021