Here is the NIA Ghana Card Manual Registration Procedures , Requirements, Centers, Portal 2020 / 2021. Every Ghanaian Citizen living within the country and abroad can be captured into the National Identification System and citizens of all ages are entitled to be issued with a national ID card. Because it is required by the law and to provide added convenience and ease when conducting with public sector institutions, civil society organizations and private sector businesses.
The NIA may vary the application procedure and the period of registration for disabled persons or a Ghanaians living abroad. In such instance, the applicant will have to appear in person before the NIA registration officer at the registration center to be registered.
NIA Ghana Card Manual Registration Eligibility
- All Ghanaians living inGhana and abroad
- All Ghanaians with dual citizen
- All persons of all ages
NIA Ghana Card Manual Registration Requirements
- Personal Information such as Name, Date and Place of birth, Residential address and digital address code.
- Information About Parents such as Their names, Address dates and places of birth etc.
- Biometrics such as The fingerprints, iris and photograph would be taken and any other personal details that may be required
- PARENTAL, SPOUSAL AND NEXT OF KIN INFORMATION such asName of spouse. Full name of of father. Father’s hometown/district/region Father’s nationality. Full name of mother. Mother’s maiden name, Mother’s nationality. Mother’s hometown/district/region. Next of Kin, Address of next of Kin. Supplementary Spousal List for those with more than one spouse.
- Primary Verification Documents such as verification documents(i.e. Birth certificate, certificate of acquired citizenship or valid passport) to help validate the information provided.
- Harmonization such as Applicants with documents or I.D Cards of the following institutions must bring them along for hamonization of data with NIA – DVLA (LICENCE), NHIS, TAX (TIN), PASSPORT, EC (VOTER CARD)
- First time applicants all first time applicants would have to meet the following requirements; An applicant has to appear in person, Original copy of Birth Certificate of the applicant, Or a valid Ghanaian Passport of the applicant, Digital Address of the applicant, Original copy of Naturalization Certificate
NIA Ghana Card Manual Registration Procedures
- A Registration Official will fill your personal information on an application form
- You will then hand over your form to a Mobile Registration workstation Operator who will enter your personal details into the computer.
- Your Photograph will be taken using a digital camera attached to the Mobile Registration workstation and your signature will be taken using an electronic signature pad,
- You will then be issued an ID Card Collection Slip/Receipt. You need this to collect your card when it is ready. This has to be kept well and protected.
Detailed Ghana Card Manual Registration Procedures
- Visit an NIA registration center and request for and NIA Registration Form
- An NIA registration officer will fill your details on the form.
- Submit the NIA Registration Form to the NIA Mobile Registration Workstation (MWR) Operator.
- Your biometric data and Your Photograph will be taken using a digital camera attached to the Mobile Registration workstation and your signature will be taken using an electronic signature pad.
- The biometric data and personal information will be used to create a digital identity card for you.
- You will be issued with an ID Card Collection Receipt.
- When Collection of Ghana National Identification Card (Ghana Card) date is due
- Present the ID Card Collection Receipt to a collection officer.
- Your details will be cross checked among the list to know if your Ghana Card is ready or not.
- If your NIA Ghana card is ready, the verification officer presents it to you and stamps your collection slip and forward it to the Authentication Officer.
- Your fingerprint will be taken again for authentication.
- If your bio data matches, the collection slip is stamped and your ID Card delivered to you.