Teacher Trainees in the Public Colleges of Education shall not receive their monthly allowances for the month of March 2020 amidst the COVID-19 tension on finances.
This information was communicated to the trainees through an interview granted Colleges of Education Journal, a weekly Journal on activities pertaining to Colleges of Education, by Augustine Appiah, the National President of the Teacher Trainees Association of Ghana (TTAG).
You Can Share this Article With The Whatsapp Share Button Below This Article.
- Call Students Back To Campus For Lessons While Observing Social Distancing Protocol – TTAG
- NASPA Organizing Secretary Dismissed For Supporting Personnel Against NSS
- GES Launches Nationwide Fumigation And Disinfection Of Senior High Schools
- Newly Posted Teachers In The Northern Region Call On Nana Addo To Pay Them Their Salary
- Public Colleges of Education To Begin Second Semester April 27: Full Details
- Teacher Trainees Asks Gov’t To Provide Them With Dedicated TV Channel For Lessons
Response To The Interview
The National TTAG President indicated, per the academic calendar with the Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) and his engagement with the SLTF, allowance for trainee teachers for the second semester is scheduled for payment for the months of May, June, July and August.
“per the academic calendar with the Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) and my engagement with them, allowance for trainee teachers for the second semester is scheduled for payment for the months of May, June, July and August.” He said.
Mr, Appiah further emphasised that the change of payment to May, June, July and August was as a result of the prolonged strike action that was embarked on by CETAG about a year ago leading to the change in academic calendar and payment schedule.
Trainee teachers have been in high anticipation for their monthly stipend for the month of March. But per the explanations given by the TTAG National President, trainee teachers will have to wait till the end of May to receive their allowance.
The Teacher Trainees Association of Ghana, in a statement issued on April 14, 2020.., emphasized that the trainees’ allowances should continue so that its members could afford data bundles for their Virtual Classes.
The leadership of the Association made this request in a meeting with the SLTF, NCTE et al, on the virtual learning program for the Colleges of Education in Ghana.
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- Ongoing Koforidua Technical University Recruitment 2020: Applicat...
- GES Boss Speaks About SHS Reopening Date, BECE, E-learning etc :...
- Apply For Scholarship In Ghana And Abroad Using Government’...
- Full List Of GES Postings For Teachers 2019 / 2020 Released ; How...