The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the positions of Data Manager and Biomedical Engineer.
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Recruitment Of Data Manager
• Manage the organization’s research data repository
• Develop data-oriented systems to meet the organizations research needs
• Assist research scientists in study design and implementation
• Develop data validation systems for data stored in the central repository
• Develop systems to facilitate querying and export of data into other formats
• Ensure that data management and data sharing policies and procedures are adhered to
• Facilitate periodic review of data management and sharing policies and procedures
• Make periodic reports to researchers and management on the status of the central data repository
• Liaise with the IT unit to ensure data security
• Support Research Scientists in biostatistical data analysis
• A Master’s degree in a relevant field (Bio-statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Statistics)
• Should have a minimum of two years experience in managing research data systems
• Must be knowledgeable in the use of research data systems such as REDCap and EPIINFO
• Must have good IT skills especially knowledge of other database systems such as MySQL, SQL Server, and Microsoft Access
• Must be adept in the use of the Microsoft office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS forms, etc.)
• Should possess good communication and inter-personal skills
• Should possess good writing skills
Recruitment Of Biomedical Engineer
•Support for the achievement of the objectives of the Institute.
• Innovative with the skills to develop pioneering biomedical technology to support the work of the Institute.
• Develop technological solutions to complex medical problems.
• Develop advanced healthcare technology and be able to advise others on how to use the technology effectively as well as support the mechanical and electrical engineers to service and maintain the essential equipment that are used routinely at the Institute.
• Installing and calibrating biomedical machines, equipment, and related software.
• Designing and creating biomedical technology such as artificial internal organs and body parts, machines, equipment, and software that can be used for diagnosing and treating medical problems.
• Evaluating the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical machines, equipment, and software.
• Maintaining and repairing biomedical machines and equipment, when needed.
• Providing technical support, when needed.
• Keeping up-to-date service histories on all biomedical machines and equipment.
• Training clinicians, scientists, and other personnel on how to use biomedical machines and equipment, safely and effectively.
• Researching new materials, technologies, and engineering aspects of biological processes and systems.
• Writing reports and documents detailing protocols, policies, standards of use, maintenance, and repairs of biomedical equipment, machines, and software.
• Disseminating knowledge about the biomedical engineering field through writing, teaching, or consulting.
• Master’s degree in biomedical engineering, biomedical science, or a related field.
• Professional Licensed Engineer (P.E.) issued by the appropriate authorities.
• Proven experience working within the field of biomedical engineering in related organizations.
• Have a minimum of two years work experience.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Great eye for design and the technical ability to transform designs into products.
• Exceptional team-working and communication skills.
• Ability to build effective team by training team members to deliver appropriately and on time.
• Able to work under pressure and flexible working hours.
• Firm understanding of math and science, a deep social, economic, and cultural awareness, and an enthusiastic fondness for teamwork.
• Ability to comprehend complex systems, identify the sources of any problems that arise, and decide on which actions to take to fix them.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified applicants should submit the complete application dossier to:
- email : [email protected] (Soft Copy).
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
The application pack should contain the following: ·
- Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
- a cover letter expressing interest
- a detailed curriculum vitae
- copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their full application packs are received by this date, including three letters of reference that should be clearly marked and sent directly to the Registrar, through [email protected]
Terms of Appointment
- The appointments shall normally be for six years including a probationary period. The appointment shall be reviewed before the end of the sixth year and may be renewed.
Application Closing Date
- Closing Date: 14 September 2022
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.