Here are the National Teaching Council Mandatory (NTC) mandatory Courses to be Completed by Teachers to Renew their license.
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section.
You can join our Telegram Group For Teachers. Here is the Group: >>> NTC Licensure Exams And Teacher Discussion Forum <<
- NTC Opens Registration For All Teachers To Get A License Without Taking Exams
- NTC Registration For All In Service Private And Public Sector Teachers
- NTC Licensure Exams Past Questions 2018/2019/2020
- Resit Registration For NTC Teacher Licensure Exams 2020
- NTC Certificate Request Procedures
- Detailed NTC Registration Procedures
- Complete Overview Of The NTC Licensure Exams Since Its Inception
- A List Of All NTC Portals 2020 / 2021
- NTC Licensure Exams Resit Results Checking Procedures
- Reasons Why You Cannot Access NTC Exams Results
Table of Contents
About The NTC Mandatory Courses To Be Completed By Teachers to Renew Their License
The National Teaching Council (NTC) is a body mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), Section 9 to improve professional standards and status of teachers and to license and register teachers in Ghana.
The National Teaching Council has introduced a new points-based assessment to determine which license holding staff of the Ghana Education Service qualifies to renew his or her NTC License if it expires or becomes due for renewal.
National Teaching Council (NTC) has issued license to all teachers who were in the service before the introduction of Teacher licensing program. The license issued to the teachers is set to expire in three years.
Teacher Continuous Professional Development (TCPD) plan is a list of training courses and activities with respective timelines that intend to embark on within the TCPD cycle.
Teachers can update their Teacher Continuous Professional Development (TCPD) plan by adding to or removing from scheduled training courses and activities.
Data from Teacher Continuous Professional Development (TCPD) plans helps organizations to plan TCPD programs based on teachers priorities
NTC Mandatory Courses To Be Completed By Teachers to Renew Their License
Below are mandatory courses teachers have to complete in order to renew their License
- Instructional Methods
- Information and Communication Technology
- Classroom Based Assessment
- Subject Content and Methodology
The license fee was deducted from teacher professional allowance that was paid in November, 2020.
The need for the renewal of the license is to aid teachers to develop both professional and personal competencies that will improve their quality, effectiveness, and efficiency at regular intervals. This, when achieved, will empower them to improve their skills and knowledge. This is expected to translate into better job delivery and student improvement.
Teachers are to visit their NTC portal to activate their license.