Here are currently ongoing Agriculture Job Vacancies 2020 and how to apply. Various Agriculture recruitment positions have been opened as follows:
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section. You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
- Business And Administrative Job Vacancies (June Week 1 Onward) – 16 Vacancies
- Administrative Vacancies At Vodafone Ghana
- Information Technology (IT) Job Vacancies (June Week 1 Onward) – 4 Vacancies
- Engineering And Technical Job Vacancies (June Week 1 Onward) – 15 Vacancies
- Massive Engineering, Mining And Technical Vacancies At Underground Mining Alliance – 8 Vacancies
- Newmont Goldcorp Mining Corporation Limited Job Vacancies – 3 Vacancies
Recruitment Of Senior Project Officer at Fairtrade Africa (West Africa Network)
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organization. LOCATION: Accra, Ghana
About The Job
To lead the implementation of the Cocoa Impact Project in deforestation, climate change and carbon credit.
This is a four-year Programme funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Finland. Underpinned by the Fairtrade Theory of Change (ToC), the MFA Impact Programme seeks justice and fairness through exercising rights and free¬doms, empowerment through strengthening the assets and capabilities of the most marginalized farmers and workers, and the attainment of sustainable livelihoods through building resilient agro-based trade systems and societies.
The programme is aimed at capturing and assessing simultaneous change in four areas (spheres of change): Small producer & worker organizations; Supply chain business practices; Consumer behaviour and Civil society action.
The programme is being implemented in Ghana, Ethiopia, Malawi and South Africa in banana, flowers, wine, tea and cocoa value chains. It focuses on FTA key thematic areas of gender and social compliance, workers’ rights, living income and living wage.
The two projects in Ghana are the Cocoa and Banana Impact Projects. The Cocoa Impact Project in Ghana is being expanded to include a Deforestation, Climate Change and Carbon Credit Project.
- Establish a business case for each project, supported by budget information and income projections
- Manage the implementation of projects to develop the capacity of producer organizations
- Monitor operational activities and effectiveness of results and milestones
- Compile monthly updates and quarterly reports using FTA and project templates
- Support the development of project proposals
Provide thematic training and technical advisory support training to producer organisations and their structures and committees on themes including:
- Climate Change and Deforestation
- Project and financial management
- Gender main streaming
- Small Producer and Hired Labour Organisations Standards
- Product Certification Cycle
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local communities, public and government institutions, educational institutions among other stakeholders
- Understand producer needs and concerns, advocate on relevant policies to enhance FTA’s work with the local opinion leaders and decision makers.
- Ensure awareness of the local trends, perceptions and players in the local community.
- Advise on how to manage risk and optimise on the opportunities
- Influence localised policies and perceptions in favour of FTA through the support of the Project Coordinator.
- Support the identification of opportunities for programme and projects development
- Support and provide advice to producer groups to enable access to trade and marketing opportunities
- Represent FTA in country and field events
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Closely monitor programme performance (Financial and programmatic) and propose strategies for continuous improvement
- In close collaboration with the MEL team, lead project monitoring and evaluation processes in-country
- Monitor capacity building efforts
- Submit high quality narrative and financial reports in accordance with project and organisational requirements (monthly, quarterly and annually)
- Provide information and data on a timely basis to the Fairtrade Africa MEL function including but not limited to quantitative and qualitative reporting
- Establish and maintain a database of all programme documents and reports area of operation
- Establish and maintain in country strategic partnerships
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local communities, public and government institutions, educational institutions among others who are key stakeholders of FTA
- Support advocacy efforts at national and regional levels
- Supports development of communication material development and supports media visits
Support the Regional coordinator with resource mobilisation efforts
Job Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Agriculture, Environmental Science, Natural Resources etc.) with additional work experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ project management experience on a climate change, deforestation or carbon credit related project
- Experience of delivering training to a range of audiences
- Experience in business development within sustainable supply chains
- Knowledge and understanding of Fairtrade standards
- Thematic knowledge and expertise in FTA’s priority areas
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional disciplines
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Ability to speak local language
Application Procedures: How To Apply
- Begin by downloading An application form at the Fairtrade Africa recruitment portal:
- Fill the application form and save it as your name and the position Senior, Project Officer – Cocoa Impact Project.
- All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form and email to [email protected]
- Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as condition of employment
- FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
If you have any queries, please call any of the following numbers and ask to speak to a member of the HR team.
- +233 (0)27 724 6894
- 233 (0)50 160 1365
Application Closing Date
Closing Date is 6th June 2020
Recruitment Of Operations Manager at Prang Agro Resources
Prang Agro Resources is currently searching for an Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Country Director, the role holder will organise, prepare and control operations from land preparation, ploughing, harvesting and shipping (locally).
Job Qualifications And Experience
- University degree in agriculture/agronomy.
- Previous experience in large scale mechanized farming above 1000 ha.
- Previous experience in minimum 3 of the follow crops: soybean , sorghum , maize, cassava, as main crops and chilli, okra, and onion as special crops.
- Large work force management skills.
- Commercial acumen / customer relationship skills.
- Proactivity and problem solving.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified persons should visit the : Agro Resources Recruitment Portal.
- Then read through the job offer
- Afterwards click on the apply now button
- You will be required to create a linked in account if you dont have one
- Afterwards click on the login button
- Then fill the Agro Resources Recruitment form
- Then click on the submit button to submit