In a publication that turns out to be Ghana Cocoa Board recruitment from checks. The publication reads: “Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaians for the undermentioned positions in a reputable state institution” which turns out to be COCOBOD from checks. They are therefore recruiting for positions of: Assistant Cartography Officer, Principal Cartography Draughtsman, Senior Cartography Draughtsman and Cartography Draughtsman. Note that certain institutions do not state their name in certain Job advertisements.
Kindly share with the Whatsapp button below this page. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section.
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
Duties and responsibilities
- You will Receive raw cocoa swollen shoot virus diseases control field data including measured data.
- You will Check to ensure the accuracy of the field data being received.
- You will Process measured GPS data into Maps including their attributes.
- You will Produce maps showing the relevant features such as blocks cocoa, coffee, and outbreak areas; type and ago classes of cocoa; treated and replanted farms and their sizes.
- You will Assist technical assistant to complete the cocoa/coffee area records form.
- You will Prepare a summarised analysis of the cocoa area surveyed to show the density of cocoa age classes and types.
- You will Compile monthly, quarterly, annual and other statistical information on CSSVD control operational for the information of management.
- You will Open and maintains necessary register for all field operations.
- You will Prepare check and maintains maps to direct field surveys and/or show progress of field work.
- You will Archive record for future reference.
- You will Train field staff on the use and handling of the GPs device and reports on any operational challenges.
- You will Assist the survey TAs to identify existing features in the field whenever TAs a face map reading or orientation difficulties.
- You will Archive and evaluate CSSVD control/records system for future reference.
- You will Establish the link and collaborate with other departments/Sections towards the achievement of the unit objectives in the region.
- You will Ensure the opening and maintenance of necessary operational registers at the regional District level.
- Applicants Must be computer literate.
- Applicants Have the ability to interpret Maps.
- Applicants Have the ability to handle GPS equipment.
- Applicants Must be able to work with two or more mapping software especially arcGIS and autoCAD
Minimum Job Qualification
Qualifications For Assistant cartography officer
Applicants should have a first degree in geometric engineering, geodetic engineering, land surveying, and mapping
Qualifications For Principe Cartography Draughtsman
Applicants must possess a Higher National Diploma HND in geometric engineering, geodetic engineering, land surveying, and mapping
Qualifications For Senior cartography Draughtsman
Applicants must possess a diploma in geomatic engineering, geodetic engineering, land surveying, and mapping
cartography Draughtsman. candidate should have a Certificate in Land Surveying and Mapping
Mode Of Application : How To Apply
All Interested applicants should send their applications and curriculum vitae to the address below not later than 2nd March 2020:
ADVERT NO. 2091, NEW TIMES CORPORATION, P.O. BOX 2638, ACCRA
Applications are to be submitted not later than 2nd March 2020
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.