The Ghana Education Service (GES) ‘s partnership with the Youth Employment Agency(YEA) to employ 7,730 young Ghanaians into the educational sector has officially begun. This is to augment the non-teaching staff of the Ghana Education Service. This Memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed at the GES conference room in Accra on 21st October 2019.In a release today 25th october 2019, the Youth Employment Agency(YEA) has outlined application procedures, Objectives, Eligibility, Qualifications and duration for the Schools’ Support Programme 2019/2020. The release reads:
In line with the mandate of theYouth Employment Agency(YEA) to create jobs for the unemployed youth of Ghana, the agency in partnership with the Ghana Education Service (GES) seek to recruit about 7730 young Ghanaians from the various districts of the country to be trained and deployed to Senior High Schools Under the Schools’ Support Programme .
The School Support Programme is a school base support programme aimed at ensuring the health and safety of students and staff of the various SHS’s in the country. Yea will use part of its fund allocation to fund the two employment streams under the programme namely:
- Schools Guards / Security Assistants (SAs)
- Kitchen Assistants (Kas)
Objectives Of YEA Schools’ Support Programme
The programme will seek to among other objectives:
- Promote the health and safety of students and staff of various high schools.
- Create a supportive and orderly environment conducive for educational activities
- Augment the staff stregth of the current security and pountry staff of the various schools accross the country.
Eligibility For YEA Schools’ Support Programme
Ages from 18-35.
Minimum Requirements For YEA Schools’ Support Programme
Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE)
Duration Of YEA Schools’ Support Programme
2 years contract
Mode Of Application For YEA Schools’ Support Programme
Interested applicants shpuld visit register.yea.gov.gh/apply or visit any of the Agency’s district offices.
We earlier reported here: GES To Employ 7,730 Youth Through YEA: Application Begins 24th October 2019.
Under the initiative dubbed “Schools’ Support Programme” of the Youth Employment Agency(YEA) , the young recruits would be trained and deployed to 700 Senior High Schools across the country.
The programme have two operational areas; School Guards or Security Assistants and Kitchen Assistants. Read more about the operational areas you can apply for here. GES To Employ 7,730 Youth Through YEA: Application Begins 24th October 2019.
Here Is The Official Release
All in one passport application guide. Contains every detail about the the various Ghana passport application processes since its inception. Read More
Application procedures used for the initial recruitment. Read More.
GES Non Teaching Staff Application procedures. Read More.
All in one detailed national service procedures guide. Read More.
- Ongoing Parliamentary Service of Ghana Recruitment 2020
- Full Details: NABCO To Begin Recruitment Of 100,000 Trainees
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Interview Questions And Answers For...
- GES Recruitment 2019/2020 New Application Procedures
- About 27,000 Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff To Be Recruited In 2...