The Civil Service Council invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal–oriented, results driven, innovative with exceptional leadership qualities for appointment as;
This was made known in an official Facebook post of the Ghana Civil Service .
- UPDATE >>> Civil Service Online Graduate Entrance Examination Registration Procedures And Schedule February<<<
- Read Also >>> How To Check Ghana Civil Service Online Graduate Entrance Examination Results <<<
- Read Also >>> Ghana Civil Service Recruitment Detailed Application Procedure <<<
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
You can also join our Telegram forum to make all your enquiries known. Here is the forum: >>> Job Vacancies Announcement And Discussion Forum <<<
DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLYCHAIN MANAGEMENT
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
To provide strategic leadership for the achievement of the overall objective of the procurement and supply chain management function in the Civil Service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide authoritative technical policy advice and support on all aspects and phases of the procurement and contract cycle within the Civil Service.
• Ensure the selection and career management of human resource in the Procurement and Supply Chain Class for efficient and effective service delivery.
• Submit reports on the procurement functions as required by law.
• Develop and disseminate best practices in Procurement and Supply Chain management to promote work efficiency (GIFMIS, Contract Management in Government Business, etc).
• Oversee the strategic implementation and revision of Procurement and Supply Chain policies and controls.
• Represent the Procurement and Supply Chain Management class in negotiations with key stakeholders and other supplier representatives for the purpose of concluding major National and Global contracts.
• Lead the development of Sustainable Procurement Terms and Conditions (T&C) for all Civil Service contracts to assure environmental, economic and social interventions in Government contracts.
• Coordinate the procurement input for the preparation of the annual national budget.
• Ensure the development of service-wide Acquisition Strategy which is consistent with all legislative, financial and procurement guidelines.
• Support the Attorney General’s Department in ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed effectively and efficiently.
• Lead the development of systems to ensure proper contract close out process and that all relevant documents (both hard and soft copies) are available for post contract audit trail.
• Ensure the establishment of framework for the development and implementation of operational plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) relating to contract compliance and performance management.
• Design and implement in-house customs clearance and tax exemption facility to support service-wide clearance of off-shore contracted goods, equipment etc.
• Lead the conduct of monitoring and evaluation programmes to determine performance levels.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must hold a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain/Logistics or equivalent in a relevant field.
• Additional qualification (minimum postgraduate certificate) in Government Contract Law is desirable.
• A Chartered Member of any of the following professional institutions or a recognized equivalent institution:
i. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)-MCIPS
ii. Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)-CMILT
iii. Institute for Supply Management (ISM)-CPSM
iv. National Contract Management Association (NCMA)-CPCM
• A minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification relevant work experience, Seven (7) years of which must be in a senior management position in a reputable public or private institution.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Decision –making skills
• Strategic planning and management skills
• Negotiation and lobbying skills;
• Quantitative and analytical skills
• Communication and interpersonal skills;
• Performance Management skills
• International Commercial Arbitration skills
• Understanding of Government Contract Law and Interpretation of Government Business Contractual Relationships
• Understanding of Government Appropriation Bill legislation
• Proficiency in relevant IT applications
• Report writing and presentation skills
Applicants must be conversant with the following:
• Public Procurement (Amendment) Act, 2016 (Act 914)
• Public Financial Management Act, 2016 (Act 921)
• Internal Audit Agency Act, 2003 (658)
• Alternative Dispute Resolution Act, 2010 (Act 798)
• Civil Service Act, 1993 (Act 327) Rules, Regulations and other related legal frameworks.
Salary and other conditions of service is as applicable in the Civil Service.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted with the following supporting documents:
o Curriculum Vitae
o Certified true copies of academic and professional certificates
o A maximum of four (4) page vision statement and strategic Plan for the Department (in Times New Roman 1.5cm spacing in 12 font size).
o Addresses of three (3) referees, including telephone numbers and e-mails.
o The applications, together with the above-listed documents should be forwarded, not later than 31ST January, to:
THE CHIEF DIRECTOR
OFFICE OF THE HEAD OF THE CIVIL SERVICE
P. O. BOX M. 49
NB: Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.
- Ghana Civil Service Recruitment 2022/2023/2024/2025