In a publication dated 15th october 2019, the Ghana Export Promotion Authority is recruiting Ghanaian youth, particularly tertiary students who have completed school to take export as an employment career.
The Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA) in collaboration with the Youth Employment Agency (YEA) is implementing the Youth in Export Programme (YiEP) to encourage the Ghanaian youth, particularly tertiary students who have completed school to take export as an employment career.
The YiEP is aimed at attracting the youth in agricultural crop production communities to take up farming as export business with a view to increasing the number of Ghana’s youthful and educated population that are attracted to the agricultural export sector. It is also designed to be an avenue for the youth to earn decent incomes from agricultural and other exports, thus putting them on the pedestal to become self-employed.
The Ghana Export Promotion Authority and the Youth Employment Agency now request applications from suitably qualified Ghanaian youth to be considered for selection for the programme.
GEPA Rules of Entry
- Must have a minimum of SSCE Certificate
- Must be between the ages of 18 – 35
- Must have the passion for farming and be interested in horticultural products such as pineapples, vegetables (chillies, aubergines, okra, tinda, marrow, turia) etc.
- Must submit a short business proposal in any of the selected crop
- Must reside in or in close proximity to the identified districts and towns where the first phase of the programme is being implemented.
Selected Coverage Areas
- Eastern Region: Nsawam, Aburi, Suhum,Samsam
- Central Region: Ekumfi
- Volta Region: Kpando, Adaklu, Abutia
Participants are required to include their full names, email addresses and phone numbers as well as a copy of a National ID in all submissions.
Mode Of Application And Deadline Of Recruitment
Applications must be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of GEPA or YEA and submitted not later than Friday 15th November 2019 to their respective Head Offices or any of their Regional Offices in the Eastern, Central and Volta Regions.
Applications submitted after 15th November, 2019 will not be accepted or considered.
GEPA ZONAL OFFICES
Apart from the five (5) main Divisions, GEPA maintains five (5) Zonal Offices located in Bolgatanga, Tamale, Kumasi, Takoradi and Ho. These offices are responsible for the management and co-ordination of export related activities in their respective zones.
GEPA – UPPER REGIONS
GEPA – ASHANTI REGION
Private Mail Bag
near Bekwai Round About
GEPA – NORTHERN REGION
Box 2150, Tamale
Regional Coordinating Council
Ground Floor East
GEPA – VOLTA REGION
Private Mail Bag
Ho, Volta Region
Municipal Agric. Dev. Unit Premises
GEPA – WESTERN REGION
About Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA)
The Ghana Export Promotion Authority (GEPA) is the National Export Trade Support Institution of the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MOTI) responsible for the facilitation, development and promotion of Ghanaian exports. It was established by Act 396 in 1969 as an agency of the Ministry of Trade and Industry with the mandate to develop and promote Ghanaian exports. Our focus has primarily been to diversify Ghana’s export base from the traditional Gold and other unprocessed minerals, Cocoa Beans, Timber Logs and Lumber.
Currently there are over 383 different Non-Traditional Export products categorised as Agricultural, Processed/Semi Processed and Handicrafts. Export Trade in Services is a new and recent addition to the non-traditional export portfolio.
GEPA acquired its Authority Status earlier on this year and was publicly launched as such at the 72nd National Exporters’ Forum in September 2011. The change to Authority is in accordance with the Revised Laws of Ghana Act 1998, (Act 562) (1) of the Ghana Export Authority Act, 1969 (NLCD 396). This new designation helps to more clearly define the core functions of GEPA in terms of the marketing and promotion of NTE products.
GEPA’s clientele include over 3000 registered private sector exporting companies organized into 17 Export Product Associations. GEPA relate to these clients both on individual corporate basis and as groups / associations. GEPA also acts as an interface between these exporters and other public organizations.
To ensure that Ghana’s export trade contributes to accelerated economic growth through strategic aggressive marketing of Made-in-Ghana products in the competitive global economy.
To transform GEPA into a dynamic World-Class Trade Promotion Organisation playing a leading role in developing a dominant and sustained market position for Ghanaian Non-Traditional Exports.
To build internal systems and strategic external networks to develop Ghanaian Non-Traditional Exports throughout the value chain and promote Made-in-Ghana goods and services in strategic markets to achieve national targets for economic development.
GEPA KEY SERVICES
- The GEPA acts as a coordinating pivot for the various public sector and non-governmental bodies involved in trade facilitation.
- The Authority carries out advocacy services for bodies involved in exports.
- GEPA organizes workshops, forums, conferences, and seminars for both facilitators of export services and the exporting companies.
- Identifies products with export potential and adapts them for the export market.
- Organizes market/trade missions, Contact Promotion Programmes, Trade Fairs and Exhibitions, Buyer / Seller Meetings with the aim of penetrating the competitive international market.
- Training exporters and personnel of export facilitating institutions to upgrade their skills in export marketing.
Ongoing Ghana Export Promotion Authority Recruitment Of Trainers. Read More
All in one passport application guide. Contains every detail about the the various Ghana passport application processes since its inception. Read More
Application procedures used for the initial recruitment. Read More.
GES Non Teaching Staff Application procedures. Read More.
All in one detailed national service procedures guide. Read More.
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- Ongoing Koforidua Technical University Recruitment 2020: Applicat...
- GES Boss Speaks About SHS Reopening Date, BECE, E-learning etc :...
- Apply For Scholarship In Ghana And Abroad Using Government’...
- Full List Of GES Postings For Teachers 2019 / 2020 Released ; How...