The Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) is admitting candidates for a three- month intensive training in vegetable production under greenhouse and irrigation technology at the Akumadan irrigation scheme (green house and capacity building and training center). Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons into the 13-week training Programme which is to begins on 12th January 2020 and end on 9th April,2020.
The Government of Ghana, through the Ministry of Food and Agriculture secured funding for the training of the youth in the use of greenhouses in the production of local and exotic vegetables. This is is to give opportunity to the youth to engage in vegetable production for both the local and export markets.
Table of Contents
- Have a minimum of a Diploma in General Agriculture
- Have completed National Service
- Be from ages 21 to 35years
- Be physically fit for practical agricultural activity
- Demonstrate high interest in agricultural production
- Be willing to engage in vegetable production as a source of livelihood
- Be willing to abide by the code of conduct of the training centre
- The government will provide free accommodation, feeding and tuition during the training period
- Trainees may constitute themselves into well organized groups after training and be assisted to source for loans from financial institutions to undertake their own production
- Trainees can take advantage of the numerous interventions by the government for the youth in agricultural production.
Interested applicants are to submit their applications, CVs and copies of certificates (Education and National Service) to:
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box KIA 30408
While soft copies of the mentioned documents should be forwarded to email: [email protected]
You can contact 0556432762 for confirmation of receipt of submitted application.
Application should be submitted before 5th December, 2019. Interviews will commence from the second week in December, 2019.