The Ministry of Works and Housing (MWH) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Greater Accra Resilient and Integrated Development Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The Project will be implemented through four-interrelated Components, namely:
- Climate Resilient Drainage and Flood Mitigating Activities;
- Solid Waste Management Capacity Improvements;
- Participatory Upgrading of Targeted Flood Prone Low Income Communities and Local Government Support; and
- Project Management.
The Ministry of Works and Housing wishes to recruit qualified consultant to fill the following position in the Greater Accra Resilient and Integrated Project.
Post Title: Communications Specialist
Duty Station: Project Coordination Unit, Ministry of Works and Housing, Accra.
Duration: One (1) year, renewable based on performance.
Kindly share this article with those that might need it. There is a whatsapp share button below the article.
- Ongoing Rwandan High Commission Recruitment : Application Procedures
- National Pensions Regulatory Authority (NPRA) Recruitment : Application Procedures
- Ongoing Recruitment At Wesley College Of Education : Application Procedures
- United Nations Office For Project Services (UNOPS) Recruitment Application Procedures
- Ongoing Judicial Service of Ghana Recruitment : Application Procedures
Objective of the Assignment
The main objective of this assignment is to support the effective implementation of the project by assisting the Project Coordination Unit (PCU), the Project Implementation Units (PIUs) of the four implementing Ministnes, and the Project Support Units (PSUs) of the participating local governments to communicate effectively, proactively and regularly amongst themselves and with relevant stakeholders, inducting communities in the project area.
Scope of Services
Under the direction of the Project Coordinator, the communications Consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Lead on the development and implementation of an effective project communications strategy and action plan for the next five years.
- Lead on the development of communications activities aimed at expanding the each of the project and engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and maintain a database of contacts of all stakeholders, and deploy tools and platforms that ensure easy access to relevant project information for all stakeholders and the general public;
- Provide technical communications support to other consultants/specialists in the PCU as it relates to their areas of assignment;
- Support the Pills to develop communications action plans relating to their respective project components.
- Work across the components of the project to identify interventions, stories and messages that am engaging, motivating and high quality, and which communicate impact and showcase the work of GARID,
- Ensure a high level of transparency and disclosure of relevant project information, provide venues for feedback to all stakeholders arid mobilize support for the administrative reforms,
- Ensure that GARID has a unified and accurate public image
- Contribute to identifying new and creative ways to enhance the visibility and outreach of the work of the Project,
- Support the PCU with the creation and/or delivery of communications activities and products such as mitten content. newsletters, case studies. including infogiaphics photography, videos and learning events. and
- Support the Project Coordinator to provide briefings and updates on project interventions, events and achievements to the PC and sensor personnel of Ore Implementation Agencies including Ministers and Chief Directors
Dissemination of Information
- Ensure all communication materials are targeted at agreed audiences and delivers agreed key messages through traditional and new media channels;
- Manage the project website, and other social media channels including content creation and updates with the objective of information dissemination and interaction with stakeholders; Support public communications activities of the PCU through the drafting of key talking points, speeches, press releases, and other communications products;
- Produce and disseminate periodic newsletter highlighting project interventions and project results, and
- Lead on the editing and revision of texts and/or documents to be published by the PCU.
- Enhance mechanisms for consultations and feedback with civil society and other stakeholders
- Manage GARID’s relationship with the media establishments of all types. This includes support for the organization of press conferences, the preparation and release of bulletins on the project,
- Liaise with the media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.,
- Monitor media coverage of floods, sanitation, waste management and informal settlement related issues and systematically bnef technical staff, advise when it is strategically appropriate to respond, identify opportunities (news of events) that can shed light on certain aspects of the implementation of GARID Project
- Help to manage oak and reputation to the project in cases of bed publicity, and Identify opportunities for creating and delivering inspiring and attractive multimedia content about the implementation of the protect and ensuring that they are publicized through the various media channels
Community Outreach and Campaigns
Provide technical communicahons support to the Community Liaison Officers and NGOs recruited to enhance community engagement, including the development of appropriate messages relating to land use choices and impacts, solid or, olar,agernent behavioural change, and drainage management for dissemination
- Organize and lead outreach programmes aimed at among others, behavioural change towards sold waste management and solid waste management best practices into identified low-income informal communities.
- Implement and maintain the social communication activities required in relation to collaborating with media for solid waste management campaigns in low-income informal communities
- Identify and collate a database of media outlets and internal and extemal stakeholders with which the PCU and Pills could build links to enhance advocacy, community outreach and campaigns
- Prepare and implement awareness and information campaigns for improving the understanding of the importance of project for the public, and prepare the communities for their role in the project.
- Organize and facilitate training programs for the PCU, PlUs and PSUs on areas of strategic communications. with emphasis on a Development, editing and publishing of the content of information materials for advocacy and trainingicapacrty building purposes. including press releases, information packages for community senstbzabon activities and other public education materials on GARID and its implementation,
- Media advocacy strategies, including liaising with media to communicate key messages on project interventions and results to defined target audiences.
- Website content creation and the methods for managing a website and other social media platforms suitable for the objective of dissemination and interaction with the stakeholders.
- Effectively monitonno and evaluating vanous cominuntcalans tools and activities to measure the impact on achieving the overall project objechves.
- build capactly of media outlets to enhance advocacy oulteach and shale), communtcations
- Develop en online virtual network with information on Project interventions, to serve as a central. collaborative hub for officials of the PCU, PIUs and PSUs as well as thecommunities It is envisioned that the virtual network will provide for a data base for knowledge management a platform to showcase events and capacity building opportunities, news and success stones,
- Support the PCU in documenting learnings and budding a ‘library’ of communication materials
- Work with the M&E specialist to collect data on specific metrics on the various communication and public outreach and advocacy activities to assist with the evaluation of the impact on the overall objectives of GARID and
- Monitor and keep records on media coverage of flood waste management, drainage and related matters and events
The Communications Consultant is expected to
- Develop a communications strategy and action plans for the PCU as well as for the PIU,
- Develop GARID protect paraphernalia including advertorials, press releases and other Promotional materials. as may be required
- Lead and work with other consultants/specialists on the PCU in the preparation of Project Progress Reports (Monthly, quarterly, biannually and annual) for the Project Steenng Committee and/or the World Bank
- Collate technical notes on various aspects of the project, including flood mitigation, solid waste management, drainage management arid safeguards for project communication;
- Maintain and manage regularly updated project website and social media channels
- Develop and maintain an online virtual network
Job Qualifications Required
The Communications Consultant shall have the following qualifications and experience
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent), preferably in Communications Studies, Mass communication and Journalism, Public Relations or other related fields. A university degree with a relevant combination of professional training, certification and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience in managing the communications aspects of complex project preferably in drainage, sanitation, informai community settlements or related fields.
- Demonstrated expenence in implementing a wide-ranging communications strategy and action plans with a monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Highly developed communications skills, including ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in a clew, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skills. Proven involvement with, and good knowledge of donor partners and government of Ghana projects and
- Ability to collaborate with advocacy and other colleagues to ensure consistent messaging
- Excellent report writing, editing and verbal communication skills in English; similar skill in local language(s) will be an asset;
- Familiarity with local media landscape and established network with local media personnel:
- Ability to coordinate communications between multiple institutions;
- Competent in the use of computer and Internet information software
- Must be multilingual in Ghanaian languages.
- Must be a good team player.
- Membership of a professional body will be an advantage.
The Consultant will report directly to the Project Coordinator
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 4:30 p.m. local time
Application Procedures : How To Apply
Interested qualified and experienced applicants, including females, who meet the above criteria should send their application and detailed curriculum vitae to the following address not later than March 10, 2020.
The Chief Director,
Ministry of Works and Housing,
Greater Accra Resilient and Integrated Development Project
P. O. Box MB 43,
Ministries Post Office, Accra
Applications are to be submitted not later than March 10, 2020.
Kindly share the article with those that might need it. There is a whatsapp share button below the article.
If You Have Any Enquiries, Let Us Know In The Comment Section
You can join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<<
You can also join our Telegram forum to make all your enquiries known. Here is the forum: >>> Job Vacancies Announcement And Discussion Forum <<<