Corporate Affairs Director for the National Service Scheme (NSS), Mr. Armstrong Esaah says proper consultation was done with all district and regional executives before GHS 50.00 was deducted from Service Personnel’s allowances for the cloth.
- United Nations Contacts Ghanaian Who Invented Solar Powered Hand Mashing Machine : Details
- NASPA Executives Were Threatened To Accept Compulsory GHC50 NSS Deductions : Details
- Teacher Unions Give Recommendations To 77 Issues In The Pre-Tertiary Education Bill: Full Details
- UG Legon SRC To Present Management With Report On Students’ E-learning Challenges
- University of Ghana Students Petition EC Over Release Of SRC Vetting Results
- UCC SRC Tells Students To Halt Any Form Of Registration For E-Learning : Full Details
Clarification Of Issues
In a clarification, Mr Esaah said the current executives of the National Service Personnel Association (NASPA) are not exclusively responsible for the reintroduction of the NSS cloth since it was a decision taken by the 2017/2018 administration.
He says the decision was taken at the Congress of the 2017/2018 administration, hence the current administration is only implementing a decision their predecessors approved but could not implement.
Nothing Wrong With Reintroduction Of The Cloth
He noted that there is nothing wrong with the reintroduction of the cloth so far as the current executives find it worthwhile.
“2017/2018 executives of NASPA approved the at their congress and so what the 2018/2019 Congress is doing is just to implement the decision that had already been taken by their predecessors.”
“Governance is a continuous process, once these decisions sit well with current executives, there is nothing wrong if the new executives implement it,” he said.
Speaking on Campus Exclusive on Monday, April 6, 2020, he stressed that it would be wrong for people to assume that majority of the National Service Personnel disagree with the move since no data supports that notion.
He further maintained that major decisions are taken at congress so “once Congress approves of any issue or any decision, it would reflect the general mood of the NSPs” and “once leadership takes a decision it is binding on all the members.”
- GES Recruitment And Posting 2020/2021: Application Procedures And...
- Apply: Ghana Statistical Service Recruitment Of Trainers And Pre-...
- GES Recruitment Portal Officially Opened For Recruitment: Apply H...
- Full List Of GES Postings For Teachers 2020 / 2021 Released : How...
- Check And Download GES SHS Selection Register 2020 : Full List Of...
- Apply: NBSSI Relief Fund – Resilience and Recovery Programm...
- Apply: Ongoing Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) Recruitment 2020 /...