Tropenbos Ghana (TBG), a forest and environmental NGO, is recruiting for a Communications Officer for immediate appointment to assist in the overall planning and execution of its communication programme.
Kindly share this article with those that might need it. There is a whatsapp share button below this article.
- Ongoing African Development Bank Recruitment : Application Procedures
- Recruitment Of IT Auditor At NFORTICS : Application Procedures
- Recruitment Of IT Personnel At A Reputable Company : How To Apply
- Ongoing Rwandan High Commission Recruitment : Application Procedures
- Ongoing Healthcare Job Vacancies Recruitment : Application Procedures
Job Responsibilities Of The Communication Officer
- Develop and implement the corporate communication strategy and annual work
- Lead the development, production and distribution of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials (e.g. newsletters, brochures, info sheets, policy briefs, posters, etc) of TBG projects.
- Support the planning, organizing and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes.
- Develop and publish success stories (outcome and impacts) of projects from the held for communication to primary and secondary audiences
- Support the organisation of events by TBG and its partners (e.g. trainings, meetings and durbars) and produce reports related to the primary objectives.
- Undertake field visits, support survey/research and document best practices and lessons learned for each
- Assist In fundraising and development of project
- Support behavioural change campaigns related to natural resources in targeted communities where TBG work.
- Create and manage systems for storage and retrieval of programme information, project documents and reports.
- Support writing and editing of TBG documents, project reports to meet Corporite branding requirements.
- Collate monthly summary reports from TBG project coordinators and other officers for sharing with all staff and relevant partners.
- Support the management of corporate website and social media pages (including updating content, writing and posting articles and news items)
Job Qualifications And Experience
- Purpose-driven individual with excellent communication skills and strong interest in natural resources management, including governance and climate change.
- Experience in development communication, public relations, media campaigns, environmental journalism.
- Extensive experience in report writing (especially development of success stories) and development of IEC materials.
- Bachelor of Science or preferably MA or MSc in Communication, Journalism, Social Sciences, with a working knowledge of Natural Resource or Environmental
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in similar tasks.
- Excellent writing skills and proven ability to produce quality results.
- Proficient user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet; other computer application skills will be added advantage (e.g. web-based management systems).
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing of English Language and Twi Language.
- Familiarity with International development donor rules and regulations Is a plus.
- Familiarity with landscape management, environmental and forest governance, biodiversity conservation, climate change and international cooperation.
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements and will be available for immediate appointment may send I cover letter and CV (as one PDF file) to : [email protected]
Deadline for submission of application is Friday, 3rd April, 2020 at 09:00 a.m.