NewsTeachers Strike In Ghana
Teachers Strike In Ghana 2022
Here are updates on the Teachers Strike In Ghana 2022. Below are the updates concerning the Teachers Strike In Ghana 2022 .
Kindly Share With The Whatsapp Share Button Below This Article. You can join our Telegram Group For Teachers. Here is the Group: >>> Teacher Discussion Forum <<
Teachers Strike In Ghana
Schools To Remain Open Despite Strike
- The Ghana Education Service has directed Heads of Senior High Schools through their respective Regional and District Directors to mobilize Management teams to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students.
- Regional and District Directors are to ensure that Basic School Heads keep schools opened and closely supervise all children who report to school pending further directives from GES
- All schools affected by the teachers strike action are therefore to remain open despite the announcement of strike by teaching and non-teaching staff in public pre-tertiary schools nationwide.
- In a press release, GES noted that it has invited the leadership of the unions to a meeting to discuss the development and the way forward and that schools should remain open.
GES Initiates Talks With Teacher Unions
- In a press release, GES noted that it has invited the leadership of the unions to a meeting to discuss the strike action.
- The GES release signed by Public Relations head, Cassanda Twum Ampofi, said leadership of the Unions have been invited for talks with GES management and that heads of basic schools and Senior High Schools have been tasked to ensure safety of all pupils and students.
Reasons For Teachers Strike In Ghana
- The major reason for the teachers strike is due to failure of government to fulfil the payment of the 20% Cost-Of-Living-Allowance.
- As stated in the release by the teacher unions, their demand for the Cost Of Living Allowance (COLA) is due to high inflation leading to increment in prices of fuel, goods and services.
What Is Cost-Of-Living-Allowance (COLA)
Below is the detailed explanation of the Cost of Living Allowance For Teachers, Its implementation and payment details.
About Teachers Strike In Ghana
- The leadership of all the teacher unions in the Pre-Tertiary Education Sector embarked on a strike in response to government’s failure to grant them the 20% cost of living allowance to mitigate the high inflation and increases in price of goods and services leading to a high cost of living.
- The four teacher unions involved in the industrial strike action are The Ghana National Association of Teachers (GNAT), The National Association of Graduate Teachers (NAGRAT), Coalition of Concerned Teachers Ghana (CCT) and the Teachers and Educational Workers Union (TEWU)
- Teachers Strike In Ghana 2022, Teachers Strike Update Today, Teachers Strike, Are Teachers On Strike In Ghana, Ghana Teachers Strike, Are SHS Teachers On Strike, Teachers Strike In Ghana 2023