The Students’ Representative Council (SRC) of the University of Cape Coast (UCC)has ordered students of the University to hold on to any form of online registration until the University’s Management addresses all concerns and issues that have been laid before them.
- United Nations Contacts Ghanaian Who Invented Solar Powered Hand Mashing Machine : Details
- Teacher Unions Give Recommendations To 77 Issues In The Pre-Tertiary Education Bill: Full Details
- Proper Consultation Was Done Before GHC 50 Was Deducted For NSS Cloth : Details
- NASPA Executives Were Threatened To Accept Compulsory GHC50 NSS Deductions : Details
- UG Legon SRC To Present Management With Report On Students’ E-learning Challenges
- University of Ghana Students Petition EC Over Release Of SRC Vetting Results
Concerns By The UCC Students’ Representative Council (SRC)
The Council says most students who are in good standing with the Institution will be disadvantaged should the University start the online teaching and learning module, hence the need to halt all online registration processes which are for the purposes of studies until authorities do the needful.
Meanwhile, the SRC wants students to be calm as it is working assiduously with the university management to address issues of data bundle raised by the students to help them access the University’s online platform.
“The SRC would like to use this medium to give a resounding caution to all students to HALT any form of registration for an online study until further notice, and ultimately, until the issues that have been brought to the attention of the management of the university are addressed in order not to disadvantage any student who is currently in good standing with the university. The SRC shall continue to push and promote the interest of students,” part of the statement dated April 10, 2020, said.
The SRC also noted that the internet data bundles that will make the online teaching and learning convenient for students have not been provided, adding that the problem with how students in remote areas will get a strong internet connection to access the online platform has not been addressed.
Once again, the student body questioned and reminded authorities to consider how project works by the final year students will be undertaken as part of the second semester’s grading activities.
The statement, signed by the SRC President, Zaki Abdul- Hamid, maintained that several conversations that the SRC initiated with university management to address these issues before the online teaching could begin did not yield any dividend, thus, the Institution’s leadership should address them so that no student will be left out of the e-learning module.
- Apply Here: Ghana Statistical Service Reopens Application For Fie...
- Ongoing Koforidua Technical University Recruitment 2020: Applicat...
- GES Boss Speaks About SHS Reopening Date, BECE, E-learning etc :...
- Apply For Scholarship In Ghana And Abroad Using Government’...
- Full List Of GES Postings For Teachers 2019 / 2020 Released ; How...