Here is the University of Education Winneba (UEW) revised (new) academic calendar for the second semester of 2019/2020 academic year all its campuses namely: Winneba campus , Kumasi campus , Mampong campus and Ajumako campus. The management of the University of Education Winneba (UEW) has released the revised academic calendar for the second semester of 2019/2020 academic year.
The University of Education, Winneba Academic Calendar was interupted due to the lockdown initiated by the government of Ghana to contain the covid 19 pandemic that resulted in the closure of all educational institutions.
The reviewed UEW Academic Calendar for the 2019/2020 second semester is approved by the Executive Committee at its sitting on April 17th, 2020. The new Calendar takes into consideration the migration of all lectures to the online learning platform Moodle.
The management of the University of Education Winneba (UEW) also extended the duration of the 2019/2020 second semester for six more weeks to ensure that contact hours for teaching and learning are increased.
A) Schedule of Online Academic Activities
- 18th-24th March: Uploading of online teaching and learning course materials on LMS and other alternative platforms
- 25th March- 13th April: Online teaching and learning begin on UEW Moodle – LMS and other alternative platforms including Google Classroom, WhatsApp, Telegram, Schoology, Zoom etc
- 13th April: Deadline for Migrating all online teaching and learning activities on alternative platforms unto the UEW Moodle (LMS)
- 14th – 20th April: Mop-up of outstanding courses that could not justifiably migrate to UEW Moodle
- 14th April: Online lectures continue on official UEW Moodle platform for all categories of lectures.
- 11th – 15th May: Online Mid-Semester Examinations
- 29th May: Deadline for Submission of Post Graduate and Undergraduate Project Work/Long Essay/Dissertations/Theses
- 5th June: Last day of Online Lectures
- 6th – 14th June: Examinations Revision Week
- 15th June – 5th July: End of Semester Examinations (Online)
- 6thJuly: Students go on Vacation
- 9th July: Publication of Results (Final year students)
- 13th – 17th July: Re-sit Examinations (Online, Final Year Students)
- 21st July: Publication of Results (Continuing Students)
- 27th – 31stJuly: Supplementary Examinations (Online)