In a publication dated 23rd October 2019, the University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) officially invites applications from qualified persons for position of Director of Academic Affairs of the University of Health and Allied Sciences.
1. VACANCY FOR SENIOR LEVEL ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION – DIRECTOR OF ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
The University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following position.
Position 1: Director of Academic Affairs
Reporting to: Registrar
Effective Date: 1st Feb 2020 (Negotiable)
The applicant must:
a. be of at least Deputy Registrar status from an academic/research institution or eligible for appointment as such. OR,
b. possess a Master’s degree with a minimum of 12 years relevant working experience at management level. professional relevant working experience.
c. The candidate should have proven leadership and administrative abilities demonstrated by substantial and relevant working experience; evidence of ability to coordinate work of units, sections or teams; ability to initiate policies; and ability to mentor. Must have at least 6 years working experience at decision-making level
d. In addition, the applicant must have:
- considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
- good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level management and administration;
- High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
- the preparation and implementation of teaching and examination schedules;
- the processing of admission applications including advertisements for such applications;
- the allocation of lecture rooms and examination centres as well as other logistical matters relating to the academic agenda of the University;
- making physical arrangements for all academic functions of the University in close collaboration with the Director of Public Affairs;
- ensuring the maintenance of academic facilities in collaboration with the Director of Works and Physical Development;
- the preparation and issuance of statements of examination results, transcripts and certificates;
- the preparation and publication of academic materials, including the Handbook of Regulations for courses of study for Junior Members in consultation with the Head of Legal Services and the Director of Public Affairs; and
- the discharge of any other assignments that the Registrar shall deem necessary.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES, PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (hard copy); or by attachment to [email protected]
The application dossier should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Member Academic Positions (UAB 1A) to be downloaded from the University’s website: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae
- Names of three referees
- Vision Statement of up to 3-pages (font size 12, single spacing) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on 15th November, 2019.
All in one passport application guide. Contains every detail about the the various Ghana passport application processes since its inception. Read More
Application procedures used for the initial recruitment. Read More.
GES Non Teaching Staff Application procedures. Read More.
All in one detailed national service procedures guide. Read More.