In a publication dated 23rd October 2019, the University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) officially invites applications from qualified persons for the position of Director of Finance of the University of Health and Allied Sciences.
1. VACANCY FOR SENIOR LEVEL ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION – DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
The University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following position.
Position 1: Director of Finance
Reporting to: Vice Chancellor
Effective Date: August 1, 2020
The applicant must:
a. The candidate shall be of the rank of at least a Deputy Director of Finance or eligible for appointment as such. OR,
b. Have a first degree and a Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 12 years of progressively responsible professional relevant working experience.
c. Be a member of any of the following major professional accountancy bodies or their equivalents:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICA, Ghana).
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA).
d. In addition, the applicant must have:
- considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
- good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level management and administration;
- High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
- call for and receive moneys due to the University and make on behalf of the University the authorised payments;
- ensure that throughout the University proper books of accounts and records of the property of the University are kept in a manner and form required by Council;
- report to the Finance and General Purposes Committee a case of failure to maintain the financial and other records of the University in the form required by the Council;
- prepare consolidated accounts of the units of the University;
- liaise with Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) on financial matters;
- have oversight responsibility for the accounting functions of autonomous bodies, self-accounting and income generating units of the University;
- afford every facility to both internal and external auditors in the performance of their functions;
- advise on or raise funds for the University; and
- generally be responsible for ensuring that the University complies with the Public Financial Management Act, 2016 (Act 921) and other relevant enactments.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES, PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (hard copy); or by attachment to [email protected]
The application dossier should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Member Academic Positions (UAB 1A) to be downloaded from the University’s website https://www.uhas.edu.gh/en/public/staff-employment-forms.html
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae
- Names of three referees
- Vision Statement of up to 3-pages (font size 12, single spacing) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on 15th November, 2019.
All in one passport application guide. Contains every detail about the the various Ghana passport application processes since its inception. Read More
Application procedures used for the initial recruitment. Read More.
GES Non Teaching Staff Application procedures. Read More.
All in one detailed national service procedures guide. Read More.