In a publication dated 23rd October 2019, the University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) officially invites applications from qualified persons for position of Director OF ICT of the University of Health and Allied Sciences.
1.VACANCY FOR SENIOR LEVEL ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION – DIRECTOR OF ICT
The University of Health and Allied Sciences invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following position.
Position 1: Director of ICT
Reporting to: Registrar
Effective Date: August 1, 2020
The applicant must:
a. be of at least Deputy Director of ICT status from an academic/research institution or from industry and eligible for appointment as such. OR,
b. possess a Master’s degree in Computer Science or any other ICT related discipline with a minimum of 12 years relevant working experience at management level. Certification with a recognised professional body will be an added advantage.
c. In addition, the applicant must have:
- Considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
- Good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues in top-level University management and administration;
- High-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership.
- Good knowledge of current trends in Information Technology, Computer Systems and Software as well as the ability to manage the entire spectrum of spectrum of Information Technology operations.
- Experience in change management, contracting and negotiations.
- Develop and implement strategic long-term goals, policies, procedures and training to enable the University leverage on information technology and communication to achieve its corporate vision.
- Be responsible for the overall development and delivery of information and communication technology services and solutions to faculty, management, administrative departments, research institutes, finance and students of the university.
- Develop and deploy information security controls, and procedures so as to manage institutional risks such as cybersecurity, privacy, business continuity, and accessibility to data and other ICT resources of the University.
- Establish links and collaborate with other institutions of higher education, national and international organizations for the purpose of developing shared information and communication technology systems.
- Prepare annual ICT budget and prioritize university-wide investments in information technology and communication, in partnership with management of the university so as to ensure efficient utilization of available human and financial resources.
- Perform such other functions relating to information and communication technology as shall be determined by management of the University
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH AND ALLIED SCIENCES, PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (hard copy); or by attachment to [email protected]
The application dossier should contain the following:
- Completed application form for Senior Member Academic Positions (UAB 1A) to be downloaded from the University’s website: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae
- Names of three referees
- Vision Statement of up to 3-pages (font size 12, single spacing) indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on 15th November, 2019.
All in one passport application guide. Contains every detail about the the various Ghana passport application processes since its inception. Read More
Application procedures used for the initial recruitment. Read More.
GES Non Teaching Staff Application procedures. Read More.
All in one detailed national service procedures guide. Read More.