The Ghana National Service Scheme (NSS) has officially released PIN codes and guidelines for the National Service Registration for Nurses for the 2019 /2020 service year. The official statement reads:
The National Service Scheme ( NSS ) Has released pincodes for enrollment of newly trained nurses for the 2020 / 2021 service year. The management of the Ghana National Service Scheme ( NSS ) has released a total of 9,181 personal Identification Numbers (PIN) Codes for the enrollment of newly-trained nurses from all accredited Nursing Training Colleges in the country to begin with their mandatory National Service for the 2020/2021 service year.
All prospective national service personnel are hereby requested to visit the National Service Scheme ( NSS ) website at www.nss.gov.gh to access their PIN codes with their respective Index Numbers And Date Of Birth and proceed to any branch of ADB Bank LTD throughout the country to make payment of an amount of GHC 40 or GHC 41 or use MTN mobile money to make payment and activate the enrollment process.
Management urges all prospective National Service Personnel to ensure that they complete their enrollment process on or before Thursday 5th March 2020.
Kindly Share This Article with all Nurses Awaiting Their National Service (Rotation). There Is A whatsapp share button below this article.
If You Have Any Questions Or Need Any Assistance, Let Us Know In The Comments Section.
Below is the Official Release:
Here is all you need to do to register for the national service.
Pin codes for the National Service For Nurses has just been released. Postings will follow several days after the registration deadline of Friday the Thursday 5th March 2020. After which the national service is to begin .
To register for (enroll unto) the Ghana national service scheme as a prospective national service personnel follow the guide below
You can Join Our Facebook forum through this link: Job Vacancies Announcement And Discussion Forum for further enquiries and assistance. The forum deals with all details and guidance about Government Jobs, Recruitment processes and general education discussions. No enquiry goes unanswered in the forum.
National Service Registration Requirements:
- Eligibility for national service is presently limited to only young Ghanaians who are eighteen years and above at the time of completing or obtaining their first tertiary education degree or diploma.
- Means of identification, which is either a valid National ID Card, Voters Card, SSNIT Card, Passport or Driver’s License. Note that health insurance card is not allowed.
- Scanned passport picture not more than 1mb. Note that this will appear on the final certificate.
- Applicant information. This include your name, sex, name of institution, course of study, date of birth, nationality, email, contact, region, residential address, Ghana post gps address, guardian information, next of kin.
- Service information. This include whether you are currently employed, on study leave, have done service before, have military training, your height and clothing size details.
- Posting preference. You must choose three regions that you would like to be posted to, in order of preference.
- Your industrial preference, you must choose either educational support, business support or entrepreneurship in order of preference for the three regions selected.
For a complete requirement, rules and regulation check ; National Service Requirement, rules and regulation
Ghana National Service Online Registration Procedures
- To start the registration, you would need to generate your national service pin code and make payment on the national service portal for it to be activated. To do that go to portal.nss.gov.gh/check-pin. Or go to portal.nss.gov.gh and click on the “Check And Pay For Pincode” Button.
- Enter your index number and and your date of birth in the provided fields and click the “Search” button to generate your pin.
- Your pin code summary page would show up, Containing your pin code and your personal details.
- Afterwards, Write down the pin code that is generated, as you would use it to make payment before entering the registration page. The number might be something like this GMYGCW793418. There would be an option to choose payment option, where you would have to select the network you are on eg MTN, afterwards enter your number that is registered on mobile money. However Nursing Training Colleges trainees are to proceed to any branch of ADB Bank Ltd. throughout the country to make payment of an amount of GHC 40.00 or GHC 41.00 using MTN Mobile Money to activate the enrollment process. The Mobile Money payment might look like below: a screen like this would pop up on your phone for you to confirm payment:
- Just enter your mobile money pin to pay. You would see a payment confirmation and receive SMS confirming payment.
- Your pin code is now activated for registration. You can also follow this guide to make payment on the MTN mobile money platform How To Pay for NSS Pincode On MTN.
- The second step is to go to portal.nss.gov.gov/registration-signin or go to portal.nss.gov and click on the “online registration enrollment” button.
- After clicking the enrollment button, Just enter your index number and the pin code you generated in step one and for which you made payment for. You would have to enter your date of birth as well in the provided filled.
- After you have signed in you would see a page asking you to enter your means of identification. This is the ID number of your id of choice. This could be your voter id, national id, ssnit id or passport. Note that from the 2018/2019 service year onward health insurance is not allowed.
Your name on the id card you use must match the name provided by your school to the NSS secretariat. If all the names do not match, you cannot access the NSS enrollment form in the next step.
Example if your full name is Yaw Manu Antwi but for some reason the name on the id you entered is Kofi Smith Yeboah then the system would not let you register. But don’t panic there is a way around this. Read On How To Register If Your ID Is Rejected During NSS Online Registration.
- Once you provide an acceptable means of identification, the NSS enrollment form would show. You would have to fill the NSS enrollment form in 5 steps.
- The first step is to fill your applicant information. This include your name, sex, name of institution, course of study, date of birth, nationality, email, contact, region, residential address, Ghana post gps address, guardian information, next of kin. You would have to upload a passport size picture on this page.
- The second step is to fill your service information. This include whether you are currently employed, on study leave, have done service before, have military training, your height and clothing size details.
- The third step is your posting preference. This is where you choose three regions that you would like to be posted to, in order of preference. And your industrial preference option, this has three slots; you can choose educational support, business support or entrepreneurship in order of preference for the three slots. If you are not sure of which of these options to choose read on Things To Note When Filling TheNss Enrollment Form.
- The fourth step is to preview your form. This shows a summary of all the details you have entered.
- The fifth step is where you print your form or save it as a pdf. You would see a congratulations page detailing your NSS number, your pin code and index number.
How To Pay for National Service Pin code On MTN During The National Service Online Registration
The National Service Online Registration requires that you make payment for the pin code through an accepted medium.
If you did not see a payment option in the registration step 1 above where you were to enter your mobile money number to receive a prompt of payment and enter you pin to make the payment. Or just because you prefer to use your mobile money short code to do the payment instead. Then you are at the right place.
MTN Mobile Money happens to be one of the convenient payment methods. here is how to make payment for the pincode using MTN Mobile Money.
- After checking for your pin code using your index number on portal.nss.gov/check-pin, dial *170# to access the MTN mobile money menu.
- Select option 2 (Pay bill) from the menu
- Select option 6 (General Payment) from the menu
- Then enter the payment code preceding with NSS followed by the pin code you generated on the portal.nss.gov/check-pin . Example NSS GMYGCW7132418.If GMYGCW7132418 , if GMYGCW7132418.If GMYGCW7132418 is your pin code.
- A payment detail containing your pin and name would show up for you to enter amount. Enter the right amount for your service year. It was 41 cedis for the 2018/2019 service year.
- Enter reference as NSS.
- Then, Enter your mobile money pin to make payment.
- You would see a payment confirmation and receive SMS confirming payment.
- Your pin code is now active for registration, so go to portal.nss.gov.gh/registration-signin to begin registration. Follow the How To Do The Online Registration As A Prospective NSS Personnel guide above.
Things To Note When Filling The Nss Enrollment Form
- From the 2019 / 2020 national service year onward, the registration requires that you enter your date of birth when checking your pin code and when signing in to begin the registration. The date of birth you enter must be the same as the date of birth you used when you applied for the school you are attending (university, college). The system would compare the date of birth you provided to the date of birth your school has provided them. If it does not match, you cannot get your national service pin code or begin the registration.
- Make sure you provide the Ghana post gps address of your residence if you are going to follow the step in the following article Get NSS Institution Of Choice Without Paying A Dime to get posted to an institution of choice for free. Make sure your Ghana post gps address is a residence around the environs of the institution of choice, that does not necessarily have to be your residence.
- Enter “No” for the “have military training option” and do not fill the shirt size and height option if you don’t want to be posted for military training or traffic attendant. If you fill this option and your detail matches such criteria, you will be posted for such job. Do that if you want that.
- Educational support is for those who would like to work in the education sector. Business support is for those who would like to work in the industrial sector. And entrepreneurship is for those who would like to be assisted to set up their own enterprises.
- Note that the picture you upload in the applicant information page is going to be the picture you will see on your NSS certificate after completion of service. So make sure is a nice and official passport picture.
- Note that you would be required to enter a means of verification which could be your voter id, national id, ssnit id or passport. Also note that as of the 2018/2019 service year onward health insurance is not allowed. Your name on the id card you use must match the name provided by your school to the NSS secretariat. If all the name do not match you cannot access the NSS enrollment form in the next step. Example if your full name Yaw Manu Antwi but for some reason the name on the id you entered is Kofi Smith Yeboah then the system would not let you register. But don’t panic there is a way around this. Read On How To Register If Your ID Is Rejected During NSS Online Registration.
How To Do The Ghana National Service Online Registration If Your ID Is Rejected On The Enrollment Page
The first thing you would see after signing into the Ghana national service enrollment system for the national service online registration, is a page that requires you to choose a means of identification by entering the ID number of a supported ID card.
The supported ID cards are; a voters id, national id, ssnit id, drivers license or a Ghanaian passport. But what if for some reason, you do not have any of the cards. Either because you have misplaced it or because you have not acquired one yet.
The system would not allow you to move unto the enrollment form until you have provided a means of identification.
But do not worry, there is a workaround. This is what you can do.
First Option: If You Had Misplaced Your voter’s ID:
Just go to the electoral commission district or regional office in the town where you registered the card. Request for just the ID number by providing them with your your full name. All you need is the ID number and not the card itself. You would have to be humble as they are not obliged to provide you with that information.
Upon getting the ID number, you can move on to enter it on the enrollment page to verify your identity and register.
Second Option: If You Do Not Have Any Of The Cards:
Go to a SSNIT office and request for a SSNIT card. SSNIT would not give you the card just because you need it. You must satisfy a condition. They require a letter of appointment from an employer that shows you have been recently employed. And that your employer is ready to pay your SSNIT contribution.
How do you get an appointment letter? Any registered business can give you an appointment letter. Even an MTN mobile money vendor business that is registered at a district assembly or similar authority.
You would have to admit that you have been recently employed by the said institution. And that you need a ssnit number. Your position of employment, employment date and all that is required in an appointment letter must be present. You can google online for a sample appointment letter.
SSNIT card takes almost a month, but its not the card that you need, you need a ssnit number. Upon registering with snnit you would receive your ssnit number in a week’s time.
Upon getting the SSNIT ID number, you can move on to enter it on the enrollment page to verify your identity and register.
Third Option: Get A Passport
The third option is to apply for a passport. This is not the safest option since we all know that even the expedited application takes more than a month. By then the national service enrollment would have been closed. Unless you have a connection man to fast track the process. Read on How To Apply For A Passport In An hour.
Check For National Service Postings / Placement After Registration
Here is how to check for your national service postings when it is released. You can still check regardless even when it is not released, just that the response would be record not found, don’t panic when you see this.
- Go to portal.nss.gov.gh and click on check posting
- Just enter your national service number and your posting detail would be shown.
- There would be an option to print it or save it as a pdf. The details contain your national service number, name , institution attended, course of study, qualification, place of posting, year of enrollment, and remarks showing the status of your appointment.
If postings are not out you would see record not found. After postings are out, if you still see record not found, wait for a day or two, it will be added by then. If you still see record not found after a day or two contact your head of department in your school to resolve it.
Check For Your Postings On Your Dashboard ( How To Access Your Dashboard)
You can also check for your postings on your dashboard. However the above method is the best to use to check your postings than on your dashboard. It takes a while for postings to appear on your dashboard after being posted.
About Your National Service Dashboard.
Your dashboard is were every information about your entire national service would be presented, it is where you would view and edit your registration details, change your password, view your registation progress, view your postings, enter your payment information, print your monthly evaluation form, print your annual evaluation form among others.
To access your national service dashboard;
- Go to portal.nss.gov.gh .
- At the top right corner of the page (if you are on desktop), if you are on mobile, in the menu; you will see a “sign in” label.
- Click on sign in as personnel.
- Provide the email you used during the registration in the email column and your pincode as you password to access your dashboard
- Click on the change password link at the left hand menu of the dashboard and enter a password you can remember for security reasons.
- If you have been posted, your posting details will be on your dashboard.
National Service Certificate Request
In June 2018, The National Service Secretariat digitized its certificate request procedures to enable personnel who have successfully completed one-year mandatory national service to apply for their certificates online and have it delivered to them at specified addresses, through an express delivery service provided by Delivery Hub Limited (DHL). For all details about the national service certificate request procedures, check the guide below.
How to get your national service certificate delivered to you and how to get a PDF copy of it before it arrives.
For a complete guide on the entire national service procedures, from registration, to earning your monthly allowance, to receiving your national service certificate. Check the most concise guide you will ever find anywhere, below.
All you guides and procedures on the entire national service.Read More
Detailed topics covered in the article include: The Online National Service Registration Procedures 2019 / 2020, How To check and Pay for National Service Pin Code, Things To Note When Filling The National Service Enrollment Form, How To Do The Ghana National Service Online Registration If Your ID Is Rejected On The Enrollment Page, Posting To Preferred Institution For National Service Without Paying A Dime, How to Check For National Service Placement After Registration, How To Print Your Appointment Letter And What To Do Next, How to schedule Appointment For National Service Validation After Registration And Placement, The National Service Validation and Biometric Registration, Things To Note About the Validation process and Biometric Registration and how to request for your national service certificate online and have it delivered to you.
You can be posted to your institution of choice for free. Here is how.
Here is all you need to do after national service registration