Vodafone Ghana is offering customers free internet access to various educational websites and e-learning platforms to ensure academic continuity is not affected during the lockdown initiated by the government to contain the covid-19 pandemic.
Kindly share this article to inform others. There is a whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section Or You can join our Telegram Group For Teachers, Students And Job Seakers. Here is the Group: >>> Job Vacancies Announcement And Education Discussion Forum <<
- Primary, JHS, SHS And Tertiary Schools Not Resuming On April 14 : Full Details Here
- Education Minister Appeals To Internet Service Providers Not To Charge Access To Educational Materials
- Ghanaian Inventor Manufactures Solar Hand Washing Machine To Help Prevent COVID-19
- Time Table And Schedule For The GES 24-Hour Learning Channel For SHS And JHS
- Government Launches Online Scholarship Application System : How To Apply
- Teaching And Learning Programme Launched On Home Base TV For Primary And JHS
- GES To Revise Academic Timetable After COVID-19 Pandemic : Full Details Here
- WASSCE 2020: NCTE To Meet With Universities To Discuss Admission Of SHS Students Without WASSCE
About The Vodafone Ghana Free Internet Offer
The telecommunications service provider, Vodafone Ghana is working with various educational institutions across the country to exempt their learning platforms from internet charges, for Vodafone customers.
This is to enable Primary, JHS, SHS, Universities and all other Tertiary schools to continue their teaching and learning activities during the lockdown break, without worrying about data charges.
This is part of Vodafone’s corporate social responsibilities for Ghanaians during the coronavirus lockdown, which has affected educational institutions at various levels.
How To Enroll Your School’s Online Platform On The Vodafone Ghana Free Internet Offer
If your Primary, JHS, SHS, Universities other tertiary institution has an online platform that you would want to benefit from the Vodafone Ghana free internet access:
- First send an email to vodafonebusi[email protected]
- Indicate your desire for your institution to be exempted from internet charges by Vodafone
- Then wait for feedback
The Statement By Chief Executive Officer of Vodafone Ghana
Commenting on the initiative, Patricia Obo-Nai, Chief Executive Officer of Vodafone Ghana said, “At Vodafone, we believe technology has assumed greater importance for connecting people and delivering vital services such as education, during this period.
Vodafone Ghana CEO, Patricia Obo-Nai
“We are determined to contribute to enhancing the learning experience for students with our technology. This is a commitment we hold dear and we are happy to be at the forefront of educational transformation during this difficult period.’’
The telecommunications service provider, through its enterprise unit, Vodafone Business, is also helping organisations and small businesses minimise the impact of the pandemic by empowering with them tools that enable them to work remotely from their homes.
These include conferencing facility, free close user group calls, matchless voice minutes, unique data bundles and bulk SMS.
Instant Schools, the Vodafone Ghana Foundation’s e-learning platform has also become a shining beacon of hope for parents and guardians across the country.
How To Access And Use The Vodafone Free Internet Access To Online learning Platforms
- First visit via www.instantshcools.vodafone.com.gh
- Then follow the procedures on the page to get free internet access (Zero Rate) to online learning platforms in Ghana
- This will provide you with free access to a wide range of educational materials for Primary, JHS, SHS and Tertiary students.
Commencement Of The Vodafone Free Internet Access To Online learning Platforms
Vodafone Ghana has already begun its free internet access with the University of Professional Studies -Accra (UPSA). Vodafone Ghana has agreed to offer free data access to e-learning management platforms owned by University of Professional Studies -Accra (UPSA) to be used to deliver all courses online on their platform.
What this means is that, staff and students of the UPSA community who are Vodafone customers will not be charged any data when using the following UPSA E-learning platforms listed below:
- https://join.upsavirtual.site/UPSA-Virtual – Official LMS of the University
- http://library.upsavirtual.site Access to e-books from Joshua Alabi Library – UPSA
- https://www.upsa.edu.gh official website of the University
The free data access includes the upload and download of materials directly on the aforementioned online learning websites. The downside is that the free internet access package does not extend to other websites.
Therefore, links from any of the aforementioned websites to other learning platforms such as YouTube will attract data charges from Vodafone. Also the current free access package is only available for those on the Vodafone network.