The West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) says it will maintain the grading system for the 2020 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates despite the long closure of schools and the COVID-19 outbreak in the country.
The Head of School Examination at WAEC, Mr Godfred Addo in a Zoom interview monitored by Avenuegh.com said “even though we are not in normal times but the Council will maintain examination standard” He encouraged that there is no need for candidates to panic, adding that all the questions are from the syllabus. The interview with Samuel Eshun on Happy Morning Show can be accessed on the official Facebook page of WAEC Ghana. We have provided the video below the page as well.
Kindly share with the whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section.
- New Timetable To Be Out Next Week, WAEC Suggests – Details
- WAEC Outlines New Rules For Conduct Of 2020 WASSCE And BECE
- Ghana To Write The Exam With Other West African Countries in August
- WAEC To Contain 25 Candidates Per Classroom
- Electoral Commission To Organise Special Registration Exercise For Students
- Electoral Commission Voters Id Registration Schedule, Venue, Date For Each District : Full List
- 400,000 Private School Teachers To Be Jobless In September 2020 : Details
- Scheme To Train And License Private School Teachers To Be Introduced
- UCC Opens Its Online (E learning) Platform For Sandwich Students
WAEC WASSCE 2020 Grading System
According to the WAEC grading system, A1 is Excellent, B2 Very Good, B3 Good, C4, C5, and C6 are interpreted as Credit, D7, and D8 are interpreted as Pass, while F9 is Fail.
The Council explains that A1 and B2 in the WASSCE means (Excellent), B3 is B (very good), C4 is C (Good), C5 and C6 are D (credit), D7 and E8 are E (Pass) and F9 is F (Fail).
The Interview with Samuel Eshun on Happy Morning Show
Below is the interview with Samuel Eshun on Happy Morning Show. The over 50 minutes long interview featured instances where other Officials where contacted through zoom to express their views.