The Education Minister, Mathew Opoku Prempeh has stated on Hello FM that if deadly Coronavirus persists, the government may engage stakeholders in the University Community on how best final year Senior High School (SHS) students can be admitted into the various universities and tertiary institutions in Ghana.
Kindly share this article to inform others. There is a whatsapp share button below this article. If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section Or join our Students Group For Enquiries and Updates. Here is the Group: >>> Icampusgh And Tertiary Admission Forum <<
- Vodafone Offers Free Internet Access To Online learning platforms : How To Use It
- Time Table And Schedule For The GES 24-Hour Learning Channel For SHS And JHS
- WAEC Begins Online Capturing Of CA Scores for 2020 BECE School Candidates, How To Submit
- Government Launches Online Scholarship Application System : How To Apply
- Education Minister Appeals To Internet Service Providers Not To Charge Access To Educational Materials
- Teaching And Learning Programme Launched On Home Base TV For Primary And JHS
- GES To Revise Academic Timetable After COVID-19 Pandemic : Full Details Here
- WASSCE 2020: NCTE To Meet With Universities To Discuss Admission Of SHS Students Without WASSCE
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and its related academic calendar, WASSCE Timetable has been suspended by West African Examinations Council (WAEC) in conformance to measures to curtail the spread of the deadly Coronavirus across the sub-region.
In an interview on Hello FM, the Minister of Education Mathew Opoku Prempeh made it known that stakeholders of Universities and tertiary institutions are being engaged to consider entrance exams for admissions should the disease persist for long.
This was made known with the statement:
“We brought WASSCE, we didn’t come to meet WASSCE in this world so if there’s a new system that can help us we need to embrace it because we are in challenging times. So I’ve told the NCTE to call on the University Dons including Vice-Chancellors and Registrars so that they can help show us how they will admit students in case we are unable to write the WASSCE. This won’t destroy Ghana if we don’t write exams the country won’t collapse,” .
If this happens, students will write straight university entrance examinations and get to school. That’s, if you want to attend KNUST, you go to KNUST campus and write your exam. If you want to attend Mampong nursing, you go there and write exam. For those of you thinking about WASSCE apoo, plz start studying now and forget about it or you may have trouble writing these exams. You can tune in to Hello FM and listen to the minister.
You can join our Telegram Group For Teachers And Students, Admission Related Info And Enquiries. Here is the Group: >>> Job Vacancies Announcement And Education Discussion Forum <<
You can also join our Whatsapp Group For Government (Public Sector) Job Vacancies Alert. Here is the group: >>> Government Job Vacancies Alert Whatsapp Group <<
If you have any enqiuiries, let us know in the comment section.
Kindly share this article with those that might need it. There is a whatsapp share button below this article.